Christmas Music

Discussion in 'Sponsor Announcements' started by Nigel Hall, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

As you will no doubt be aware Christmas is coming so why not splash out on some new festive music.

MMI Music has two great new pieces for 2005 -

A CHRISTMAS FANFARE. NIGEL SIMMONS
    What better way to open your concert than with this stunning new fanfare that features "Joy To The World" and "We Wish You A Merry Christmas"

FROLICHE WEINACHT UBERALL (MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE WORLD) arr NIGEL SIMMONS
    This upbeat arrangement is going to upstage the Derek Ashmore arrangement of Jingle Bells - well, we think so. Why not try it for yourself, the Jingle Bell part is essential!!!

Plus some of our favourites:

Wassail! David Morgan
    The Gloucestershire Wassail and Here We Come A-Wassailing get the Dave Brubeck and Big Band treatment. Not easy but well worth the effort!

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas. arr Claire Pownall
    A wonderful arrangement of the timeless classic.

Why not visit our website [ www.mmimusic.co.uk ] to see our complete range.

All pieces above cost £20.00 and come with full conductors score.

2. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

It is nice to see the name Claire Pownall in your list Nigel. I can recommend "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" - nice arrangement.

3. We did YULETIDE GALLOP (send up of the post horn gallop) off Sibeliusmusic last year , was quite fun.

Jingle Bells is fun.

There's a good piece called "Nativity Swing" not sure who it's by nad also we have "Three Kings Swing" (tune of farandole jazzed up i think).

4. Nigel Hall

Thanks Tim,

I'll also add that Claire has two more seasonal goodies in our catalogue in "Angels We Have Heard On High" arranged as a Horn Section feature and also an arrangement of the 1st Movement (Departure) from Prokofiev's "Winter Bonfire".

5. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Liked her Toss the Feathers

6. Nigel Hall

If you liked Toss The Feathers you should try her other Irish Concoction "A Gaelic Fantasy" - I think it is even better that TTF (not that I am biased!)