Christmas.....ha ha ha ha

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by scotchgirl, Nov 21, 2008.

1. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Ok, so now its only a few weeks to go....who's started/finished/not even thought about Christmas presents?

I have bought 1 present each for my kids....that's it.....will have to get my butt into gear soon though lol!

Also - just as a general query (to settle an arguement with hubby) - which MEN will be doing all the Christmas shopping in their households? I can tell you for the last 12 years that we've been together, the only present hubby buys normally is mine......I do all the other shopping - including for all his family and friends.....8)

Nic

2. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

He is obviously right under your thumb. My wife buys her own present and gives it to me to wrap up. I'm working on her wrapping it up herself, though :biggrin:

3. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Oh I pick the present usually lol! I refuse to buy it though!! hee hee

4. The Wherryman

BTW shouldn't the thread title have been "Christmas...ho, ho, ho"? Not that I'm being critical, of course ;)

5. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

No - I chose my words carefully ;)

6. The Wherryman

Or it could have been "Christmas :eek: ...they're coming to take me away ha, ha, ho, ho ..."

7. hicks

hicks Member

I can't be bothered with it. In fact this Christmas I've told my Brothers I'm not buying, nor will I expect to receive any presents from them. The only presents I'm buying are for my daughter and wife.

8. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Same as last year? a bag of humbugs each?
    :(

9. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Correct, that is the natural order of things.

Took the wee man to Toys'r us last week and managed to escape with only a £150 hole in my wallet. :(

10. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

What did you get? lol!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Christmas
    Nic
    Christmas shopping
    arguement
    Christmas presents
  12. hicks

hicks Member

What do you mean 'bag'. One's enough surely?
    Yeah, I'm being called a Scrooge, but we usually end up exchanging gift vouchers, which is only marginally better than exchanging £20 notes. What's the point?

13. hicks

hicks Member

I've got a real money-saver idea this year. Daughter has declared she wants a computer (she's 6yo). I just happen to have an old desktop machine lying around. You can see where I'm going here - new keyboard (pink of course), mouse, and voila! Very reasonably priced Christmas pressie.

14. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

We're having a Star Wars phase at the moment so lots of Star Wars stuff for the wee man (and me too :) )

Really wanted to get him a Scalextrix, but as he's only 3 I couldn't justify it to my wife. Maybe next year. :)

15. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Funnily enough I'm in the middle of a Star Wars phase except I can't afford to buy anything for it so having to settle for a couple of old(ish) video games :(

16. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Ah, my son likes Star Wars too....I'm gonna get him a light saber I think....but his main interest is Dr Who...so he is having the Dalek voice changer helmet...which his dad secretly covets lol!

I am not planning on spending thousands this year though - last year I went a little bit mental with pressies....not this year....(she says, knowing full well that when she goes into toy shop, all reason is left at the door).

17. hicks

hicks Member

Oh go on. You know it's good for the economy.

18. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

LOL, thats what I said to the wife. "I'm spending us out of recession. You'll thank me for it later..."

19. David Mann

David Mann Member

We bought most of ours last weekend - mostly alcohol for over 18s, eatables for the kiddies. I resisted the temptation to buy plasticine, glitter and noisy things for the younger nieces and nephews.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  20. scotchgirl

scotchgirl Active Member

Oh yeah, you can really get your own back on people who've annoyed you in the year by selecting toys carefully. Anything that plays the same tune over and over, anything with glitter, paint, finger paints.....Play Doh value packs......anything with glue and little bits of stuff to stick........drums..........recorders..............mwah hah ha haha haha (laughs manically)

21. leisa

leisa Active Member

Men are lazy they don't do any shopping let alone xmas shopping!! I do all our xmas shopping and my other half usually just orders his parents a voucher from some where!! Having said that I have done none so far, I usually have it all done by now but because ive just got a new job ive had no money to do any, BUT i just got paid today :)

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Christmas
    Nic
    Christmas shopping
    arguement
    Christmas presents