Christmas Gift for brass bander

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brassfanatic, Dec 12, 2009.

1. brassfanatic

brassfanatic Member

What does one buy a fellow brass band enthusiast for xmas? Apart from the very cliched CD of some top band.

Needs to be something original.

2. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

A pack of 25 neodymium magnets for holding your music on to your stand at park jobs?!
  3. ScaryFlugel

ScaryFlugel Member

(and a Boobs and Brass CD ;) )
  4. How about Bedford Town Band's Naked 2010 Calendar.Available from 4barsrest.
  5. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

:D What about some great Fodens merchandise...!!? :D

We have t shirts, polo shirts, music bags, ties, cds, cornets, drinks bottles (and not just for water!), handy bags that can be for mutes/footie boots/lunch box etc, or the new Fodens calendar...!
    We're selling as far as Denmark, Italy and New York - oh, and Crewe...!

Visit the website or send me a PM if you're interested in any of the clothing/bags/water bottles. If we don't have it in stock we have a great supplier that will get it out to you before Christmas!!!
  6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Bach for Brass - German Brass
    Gran Fanfaria - Venezuelan Brass Ensemble

Both are top notch, in my view.
  7. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

A new copy of The Arban, as theirs will be worn out with the constant use.
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

What about considering the B.E.R.P.?
  9. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Ah, trying for the most sarcastic post award? Or funniest.
  10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Well, the gift is original! :rolleyes:
  11. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

have some great t-shirts, hoodies, bags etc with some really good captions and pictures on them
  12. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

13. SMead

SMead Member

Mnozil Brass DVD Irmingrad - simply stunning and hilarious from start to finish.
  14. Kaggen90

Kaggen90 Member

I´m also looking for a christmas gift, for my 16 year old cornet playing brother.
    And I checked out The Berp, but is it really doing things other then holding the mouthpiece??
  15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

It allows anyone to practice buzzing using the same real-time conditions as playing the instrument (posture, weight of instrument, mouthpiece pressure etc.). The advantage of varying the resistance of air passing through it can potentially reap benefits for a player who needs to develop in that area.

BENNYBOY New Member

What about new CD from John Lee and Boobs and Brass "Whatever It Takes . Its not a top band and all the money goes to a really good cause and the CD is great
  17. Kaggen90

Kaggen90 Member

Where can I buy that CD?
  18. british1

british1 Member

19. Kaggen90

Kaggen90 Member

Maybe I´ll go for that CD, but I also want to buy him a nice DVD from a contest. Suggestions?
  20. Kjata

Kjata Member

Brass in Concert!!