Christmas Decorations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by backrowbloke, Oct 14, 2004.

1. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Walking down New Street in Birnmingham today, and I see they've put up the Christmas Lights already :shock:
    Are they up near you too?

Is it me getting old, or Christmas starting earlier each year

(and befoe you ask, I had a christmas list off my daughter 2 days after the winter Argos catalogue came out :-( )

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    sainsbuys
    U.S.
    Christmas Decorations
    Tescos
    August
  3. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the dec's are already going up here in Notts city centre - I remember one Monday morning going into one of the shopping centre's a few years ago in early November and it was covered with dec's!!!!

4. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

decorations are up in rochdale...nearly cried when i saw a christmas tree with lights on in the town centre...ITS OCTOBER!!!!

5. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

I remember when Christmas started in the 2nd week of December, with the local SA band carol playing around the streets.

How I wish Christmas was cancelled!

The cost of the present list I have beren handed by the kids is frightening! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

6. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

Shops & Garden Centre's are full of it as are the TV commercial's. Seen them up in Solihull but not switched on yet. Not sure about Shrewsbury or Telford, but I'll keep you posted! :)

7. Mrs Womble

Mrs Womble Member

You should try living in Leicester the christmas decorations and lights go up in the city centre around the end of august!!! Don't know if that still happens as don't live there any more

8. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

No thanks! :-D :-D :-D

9. six pints

six pints Active Member

theres a house near our band hut that didnt actually take them down of the tree in their back garden from last year! only notcied a few weeks ago when it got dark again

10. horny

horny Member

in bhs in bromley they had their christmas gift section open last saturday... i was gobsmacked it was only 9th october, they have defenately started much earlier this year. When discussing this at work I was informed that my friends neighbour has put up her tree and decorations in the house already. HOW SAD IS THAT.

P.S. I do like christmas.. but it only justs feels like i've returned from my summer holiday!

11. mad_female

mad_female Member

Yep the decorations are up in Shrewsbury.......along the mainroads through the town center anyway

seems to get earlier every year, but alas when bagpuss and I worked at sainsbuys christmas stock arrived in branch on August 31st, easter eggs arrived December 27th..........crazy

Rhian

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    sainsbuys
    U.S.
    Christmas Decorations
    Tescos
    August
  13. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Think thats bad....my mother-in-law works at main distributor for Spar and has already sorting the Easter egg stock ready for distribution :-D

14. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I was round visiting Moy last week (my bit for Help the Aged ;)) and there was a house in her street with a Christmas Wreath on the door. I couldn't believe it!

*runs very far away and hides*

15. Moy

Moy Active Member

Cheeky b***** she is ^.

Will you still visit the "old wifie" in her country abode when she moves though?????

16. HBB

HBB Active Member

Bet you'd be glad to get rid of her Moy! And never take her up on an offer of soup! :shock:

17. Moy

Moy Active Member

No actually Ben I am going to really miss Kirsty.

Since joining the band she has been a great pal and even more importantly we have "gelled" well as players.:-(

Ideally I'd have preferred that a certain nice young man - who I won't :oops: - moved here and then we wouldn't have to say bye bye to Kirsty.

Anyway they will always be welcome in my home any time...they know that.

18. Di

Di Active Member

We have a chap in our village who must just about blow the national grid when it comes to Christmas with his decorations in, on and around his house, but the decorations are FANTASTIC! There's more and new stuff every year. It really is something to see. I understand there's a child across the road who is disabled who love to just sit and watch the decorations all day long, so I think he makes a special effort for him. He makes the local papers with his stuff as well. But with so much stuff, I know he'll be starting to get ready soon. :rolleyes:

19. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I live on a street with a similar nutter who has not only all of the outside done in lights but every room inside decked out like a grotto. Of course some of the neighbours also tried to do the same so we now have 5 houses looking like the Blackpool illuminations. Over the last 5 years they have added more and more lights and it wont be long now until they start putting them up again.

My house is directly opposite and I've not bothered with lights but there's so much light on the outside I turn my inside lights off and benefit from the mega light show. Bah humbug a penny saved and all that.:(

I have nothing against lights on houses just didn't jump on the band wagon soon enough so anything I tried to do on the outside would now look so feeble I'd need to get Harrods design team in to compete. Shows pretty good though and we get lots of cars pulling off the main road to come and "see the lights", collection taken for charity, think I might upstage them one night by bringing the band round for a carolling session.:p

20. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Has anyone read "Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham? If you haven't read it, you should - HILARIOUS!! (And before you think I'm a nutter - it's about a street where they take part in the local competition for the best Christmas Decorations and the residents all try to get one up on each other... ).

21. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

As someone who was once a Bromley borough resident, I'd say it makes a nice change! (well, of sorts) One year, the High Street decorations amounted to the barest minimum due to an outbreak of 'lets see what really pointless projects the council can put their money to instead!'

Allders in Croydon are already serving Christmas meals in their restaurant.

Anyway, you think this is early? Get out there and get your Easter eggs in before it's too late!! ;-)

22. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

No doubt!! Doesn't that fine young lad work in the computer industry? Can't a computer person work anywhere with the internet now?!