Christmas Day Working at all?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Dec 25, 2010.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Have you got to work today if so what do you do and what time are you working from and till.
    My Girlfriend went out at 6.30am works at a hospital working till 1pm
  2. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

My one day off of the year - Media Distribution Agent (work it out)
  3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I work in the Operations department for a coach holiday company and we have 75 tours out this Christmas! We always have somebody on call for clients and tour managers and this xmas its me!
  4. gptrom

gptrom New Member

working xmas day

merry xmas all .....i'm working in a breakdown /recovery control room in snowy devon soon be time for folks to sit down for lunch . hopefully wont be so busy then .
    then its three days off so john smith will probably take a hammering
  5. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

I'm on my second of 4 nights at the hospital but at least managed to have some Turkey dinner (no shortage of poultry or Baps chez DMBabe's) before I came to work!
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  6. kierendinno

kierendinno Member

I was working from 7am until 7pm at the Emergency Department in Nottingham, and doing the same today... :(... Busy busy...!
  7. julestools

julestools Active Member

When my father was farming we had to do 7 days a week and all holidays. Christmas day was usually 6 till 10 in the morning and 3 till 6 in the afternoon to cover milking and feeding of the animals. I had a full time job too during the week. I've never been so fit.
    He gave up farming about ten years ago now and sold off the land leaving me with so much spare time i didn't know what to do with it :) Soon found other things to do though

8. RobBari

RobBari Member

worked 3pm till 9pm Xmas day and again tonight 9pm till 9am on 27th. ( Microbiology Dept, District General Hospital). Hope all other people working in our hospitals over the holiday still find time to enjoy some time with friends and family.
  9. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I'm a Mummy and I work every day of the year.

But also, :clap: to all those people that work on days like yesterday so that we can all have emergency facilities and other services. Thanks!
  10. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

If you view bringing up offspring as work, you're doing it wrong.....
  11. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I always thought you make a great....

Attached Files:

12. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Thanks! I must review the procedures and have a rethink...
  13. Of course you must realise that Bayard is an absolute expert on every subject including how you are raising your children.

Disparaging comments of this nature are unfortunately the norm for this imbecile!
  14. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

It's the most important job that i ever had! :)
  15. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

well at least if we wanted to take up an issue in person then we could as we know who he is.......
  16. Anonymity at it's best....!
  17. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Wasn't working myself, but I did bump into a chap trying to flog 250 turkey crowns!

18. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

I'm not sure that I normally agree with you, Donna, but in this I most certainly do! :D
  19. simonbassbone

simonbassbone Member

Christmas Eve, due to work 2000-0400 but didn't get off till 0530.:frown:
    Christmas Day 1800-0200
    Boxing Day 1800-0200
    Then 52 hours off before starting at 0600 on Wednesday:D
  20. hicks

hicks Member

Definitely agree with that. The job of parent is important, but unfortunately the Government don't seem to be supporting this vital role.