Christmas Day Practice

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ian perks, Dec 16, 2004.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Who is going to have some practise on CHRISTMAS DAY?
    Even if it is for only 15/20 mins.
    I will for one.
  2. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

Yes, I probably will.
  3. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

1 minute??? no point gettin ur instrument out for that! ;)
  4. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Are you mad!You will probably be sick down it anyway :p .I can't anyway i won't have my horn with me.
  5. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

Shame on you yonhee! But then again, Robert wouldn't be too pleased if you were sick down HIS horn...

I'll probably practise for about 2/3 hrs, I like playing on christmas day, nothing better to do. I've got my mocks the first day back after christmas, so it'll be a break from revising anyway.
  6. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Noooooo - for too much to do - opening pressies, eating, drinkng faling asleep :)

Anyway, why should xmas day be any different from the rest of the year ;)
  7. dyl

dyl Active Member

Chritmas Day? When's that? :rolleyes:

As for Christmas Day - practise? You're having a laugh aren't you? Aren't you? :shock:
  8. choirmaster

choirmaster Member

No practise for me- I'll probably be playing around a few hospitals etc in the morning which I think will be more than adequate. The only air i'll be blowing won't be directed down a cornet but will be more to do with the over-consumption of sprouts. ;)
  9. HBB

HBB Active Member

Don't know about Chritmas Day, but I certainly won't be practising on Christmas day! :)
  10. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Nope - no practice for me, all my brass instruments are going to be many miles away.........;)
  11. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

Are you crazy? I'll be so bleary-eyed I won't even know where I put my bass! :shock:

Besides, Bah! Humbug!
  12. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Christmas Day??!! Are you mad??!! Im going to be in bed all day and only get up if i really have to!!!
  13. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Probably be asked to by the grandparents. This year they can forget it...

Christmas break...means Christmas break! :D

14. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Considering I will be playing at concerts on Christmas Eve and caroling on Boxing day I think missing out Christmas Day is pretty understandable. That is unless Santa brings me a nice new Flugel...;)

Anyway maybe the more relevant question would be "who intends to practice during their bands Christmas shut-down?" :rolleyes:
  15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

not a chance... the red wine gets opened at 12 noon on christmas day in our house, and I don't practice in the morning...
  16. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

12 noon? hmmmmmmmm I will have had about 3 glasses by then! :biggrin: RE: practicing on Christmas Day....I don't think so :rolleyes:
  17. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Not a chance! Much better things to do with my time like consume copious amounts of alcohol and empty the tin of quality street. From the comfort of my parents house. Joy!
  18. OneTonBass

OneTonBass Member

It wasn't until the 90's that our band used to play around the village on Christmas Day.
    Slowly as less and less village people(not the group!) were in the band it stopped.
    Although there are more people from the village in the band now I don't believe that there's any inclination to start again!

Between close family we have a Bass,Cornet and a Horn and now and again the family like a few renditions of Carols at some point during the evening when neighbours or other family members might come over.
    But mostly due to amounts of alcohol consumed its normally a bit of a laugh rather than serious practice.
  19. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Won't be practising on Christmas day I'm afraid...might play a few carols for the family to sing along to though...:-?
  20. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member