Christmas Concert falls victim to snow!!

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Roger Thorne, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Quite ironic really, but due to heavy snowfalls in the Shropshire area we have had to cancel our Annual Christmas Concert which was planned for tonight.

Looking at the weather forecast for the next few days, I don't think we'll be the only band to cancel. especially in the North West/Midlands area.

I hope your band concert(s) survive the weather, but for this year Wem Jubilee Band have closed the doors on 2010 and now look forward to the challenges of 2011.

Merry Christmas!

:(

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Christmas Concert
    Shropshire
    band concert
    Annual Christmas Concert
    Christmas Concert falls victim
  3. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Four concerts (with three different groups) cancelled so far this year, not to mention numerous rehearsals - the snow is very pretty, but not concert-friendly

Time to start a new tradition of New Year concerts (on no rehearsal due to school holidays, lol)

4. andyp

andyp Active Member

Lancashire/Merseyside is pretty much snowed up, 10" overnight, no point going out unless you have a 4x4.
    Concert I was at tonight cancelled, and getting home last night from carolling was pretty hairy!
    Few people I know stuck on the M6 near J27 for 4 hours round midnight.

5. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

3 jobs today cancelled and 1 tomorrow looking doubtful! Blooming weather.

6. Backrowmike

Backrowmike Member

Pretty snow in East Lancashire, sadly our jobs today are cancelled:(

7. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Our bandroom opening concert a couple of weeks ago had to be cancelled due to the weather too. I think it's going to be rescheduled in the new year. It's a shame that so much effort goes into organising something only for it to be scuppered!

8. 4thmandown

4thmandown Member

8" of snow here and our Annual concert at Solihull British Legion is off. Even if the band could make it, I would doubt if many of the audience could.

9. bigsound

bigsound Member

Hope Black Dykes' concert in Huddesfeid is going ahead 2moz as i am looking forward to seeing and hearing the new young guns.

Word is GaryCurtin and Zoe Hancock are doing really well.

Fingers crosed as last year this concert was cancelled.

10. bassendworld

bassendworld Member

First time in my 10 years conducting has a carol session been cancelled today,

Still been paid though.............

11. julestools

julestools Active Member

Carol job cancelled yesterday due to snow but i'm taking a small group out today :)

Five of us with instruments in my Landy with the snow tyres on. Will go anywere

xx

Jules (have band , will travel)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Christmas Concert
    Shropshire
    band concert
    Annual Christmas Concert
    Christmas Concert falls victim
  13. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

Another three cancelled this weekend :(

14. DMBabe

DMBabe Supporting Member

Sick of it too! My lot have only managed one city centre gig when I was working, everything else has been snowed off. First time since I started that I've done no carols at all..... :mad:

15. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

We do four performances of our Christmas production, two on Saturday and two on Sunday. Yesterday's snow meant that the first had to be cancelled as cast members had problems getting to the theatre, whilst the second went ahead with about 20 in the audience instead of the usual 200. As far as I know today's have gone ahead, although no doubt with reduced numbers, and a considerable reduction in the amount raised for Cancer Research.

16. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

All ok in Swindon, very cold but not too much snow. We have been able to get in 4.5 hours carolling over the last two days.

17. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

That's interesting: we were expecting some contractors from the Swindon area yesterday who rang up and said they were snowed in - maybe they just fancied a weekend off :eek:

18. sbandsman

sbandsman Member

Think we must have struck it lucky.........our concert last night went ahead we got cancelled last year due to snow but we only have very cold weather here!