Christmas! Cheeky??

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by James McFadyen, Feb 9, 2004.

1. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

I know it may sound a bit early for christmas, but I'm already planning the year ahead, just wondered on ur thoughts for a Brass Band arrangement of 'Have a Cheeky Christmas' performed by the Cheeky Girls. It's quite a cheesy catchy tune, just wondered if u would maybe buy an arrangement of it towards the end of the year?

Edit: Moved from Random Chat & Off-Topic. Dyl.

2. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

Not that I have a great amount of input into the purchase of music but if I did - this would be a definite decline (no matter how good your arrangement of it may be). Surely no amount of interpretation could make this piece of music interesting and pleasant to the ears?!

A good idea for you is to perhaps spend lots of time arranging it (thus gaining more valuable experience) and then see how it sells.............let me know December time how successful the sales have been.

3. James McFadyen

I'm not definetly arranging it, I'm doing this little market rsearch study, as I said to one peron who pm'd me about it, I just want to see ppls comments and thoughts about this 1 since it is quite a risky thing to do and I'm not usually known for writing cheesy arrangments.

Thanks Kari, honesty is what I need! :wink:

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

cheeky girls for brass band? I'm going to say no...

5. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

The Cheekey Girls aint fit for anoyone eyes normally

so can't see the brass band version doing any better

6. jameshowell

jameshowell Active Member

For me this depends whether it is arranged as a solo comedy duet, with the participants wearing cheeky girl hotpants!

That could be interesting... probably a good laugh, though deeply disturbing :shock:

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

You forgot to mention "Female participants!" :shock:

8. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

There's nothing wrong with the Cheeky Girls as far as my eyes are concerned :) . On the other hand, the music is not fit for human ears. Just turn down the volume on the TV and put a decent CD on is my reccomendation

9. niknakewok

niknakewok New Member

I think not James! Do you want to live until hogmanay??? :hammer
    IMHO they look and sound terrible. A bit too skinny!

Luv
    Nik
    xxx

10. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Erm...how can I put this.....

NO!

:wink:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Band
    Have a Cheeky Christmas
    Random Chat & Off-Topic
    Dyl.
    Cheeky Girls
  12. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

No, not a chance, over my dead body.... you get the picture.

However, it may be a goer for any Transylvanian bands out there!

Rach x

13. James McFadyen

Ooooooooh Niki, darlin' plzzzzzzzzzzz can I arrange it????? :wink:

I'm in two minds to arrange it or not, although the ppl of tMP who have so far replyed obviously don't want to buy it.

I'm going to look into the copyright tomorrow, see how fast (or slow) I can get it cleared. :wink: :wink:

14. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

James, why bother asking for our opinion if you intend to take no notice of it. :?: No-one has responded favourably yet you're going to check out the copyright - there seems to have been little point to this thread - you just do what you want regardless!

15. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

On second thoughts it might not be too bad.......but only if the last four notes are marked ffffff "blastissimo" :wink: :lol:

16. James McFadyen

I am of course going to take tMP's opinions into consideration. And as it shows it isn't looking too good, but of course other research has to be done. It's like this - if's not going to make money then it wont be done, but on the other hand if looks like it could make money then I will probably do it.

But like I said, tMP users don't seem to want to buy the sheet music for this brass band arrangment, so it doesn't look good so far - however I've made a mistake before concerning chessy songs, so I am really going to be investigting this futher. (who owns the copyright, who clear the sheet music side, costs, etc, etc - all these have to be worked out in advance for finacial reasons, it mould be impossible to tell hwo much profit I would make without drawing up a 'break even' anaylsis)

As for copyright proceedings, I am only conducting an investigation for my publishing schedule coz it has become mighty crammed recently.

Thanks for all the comments so far, they have been helpful in terms of what a little group from what tMP think. It is much appreciated and all results from all marketing procedures will be taken into consideration.

Many thanks for your support.

17. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

James, Please accept this information as advice and not a criticism.

STOP and THINK!
    The general opinion is people would not buy the arrangement so why waste valuable time and money chasing copyright permissions?
    If they don't like the original, why should they like any arrangement of it?
    Securing the copyright on a piece will not change peoples views on whether or not they like a piece of music.
    Also, it's worth seeking copyright permissions first. When the financial side of the arrangement is sorted you might find that to be a financial viable success it may well exceed the 'average' price of a brass band piece. So even if people did like the arrangement it could well be out of reach of the average bands coffers.

If you are going to continue with 'Market Research' surely you would get a better reponse from the general public if you announced the 'full' package in the first instance. eg: Copyright, duration, price, etc.

As I said earlier, please accept this information as advice and not a criticism.

18. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

My god James, what are you thinking about???
    Don't waste time with drivel. Do something that people like instead. Then it'll make you some £ instead of a laughing stock.

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!

19. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

I thought he was already! But then that's only IMHO!

Only kidding James :D

20. James McFadyen

Thanks for all ur comments :lol: