Christmas carols....

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Colin D, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Colin D

Colin D Member

Sorry to bring up Christmas, but I like to be prepared...

Can anybody tell me if the Salvation Army carol arrangements (green books, I'm a traditionalist at heart) can be played as a duet e.g. Solo Cornet + Euph and sound semi reasonable? I acknowledge that numbers 67 & 68 may sound a bit thin. I also acknowledge that I'm a geek for knowing what carol's 67 and 68 are without looking at the carol books.......

If not, any suggestions for where I could get some simple duet arrangements? Any combo will do really.

Ta,

Colin

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Salvation Army
    Euph
    carol books
    green books
    Salvation Army carol arrangements
  3. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

If it's just a cornet and euph you have...then cornet play the tune....and euph play the 2nd cornet part an octave up.

Alternatively I think Bill Himes arranged some carols for two players...but not sure they are on general release anymore.

4. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

All SA tune books carol books etc. are arranged to sound good with only 4 parts, not sure about only 2

5. Di B

Di B Member

Have a look for any duets on sibeliusmusic web site. Lots of free music on there.
    It doesnt really matter what instruments the duets are written for as long as they are in the same key as each other it should sound ok.
    Obviously trail and error helps too. Maybe get some experienced players to play something so you can hear what it sounds like?

If you use the salvation army books I would personally suggest giving the euph the Bb bass part and trying that but it would sound odd without 4 parts.

6. Colin D

Colin D Member

You can drop the tenor part without anybody noticing, was just wondering if it was possible to drop anything else!

Thanks for the suggestions though!

Ta

Colin