Christmas Cards

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by ian perks, Nov 10, 2006.

1. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Well with Christmas just round the corner.
    How many Christmas cards will you be writing out.?
    And when do you start writing them.?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Christmas
    cards
    writing them.
    Christmas Cards
    corner
  3. gawber

gawber Active Member

I've written mine. I send them to just about everybody I know.

I love Christmas and I'm gutted that I'll be working nights on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day :(

4. horn-girlie

horn-girlie Member

you've already written them??! madness, far too organised tehe! then again, I'll probably end up doing what I usually do, and buy them far too late, and not have time to send them all out ...

5. jmb83

jmb83 Member

i normally forget, or if i do get so far as remembering to write them, i forget to give them out!!

6. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I tend to buy them with the best intentions of writing them out and then they are put down somewhere, I completely forget about them until christmas eve and then I write them out with absolutely no chance of getting them delivered in time

7. Di

Di Active Member

Just a few for the family. We don't send cards at work, we pay some cash to charity instead.

8. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

For many years now we have prepared a Christmas newsletter, bringing people up to date with what's been happening with the family etc. We usually aim to have this ready and the cards written and addressed so they can go out in the first week of December. Within the Corps (church) we just put a single card on the noticeboard with a donation going ito the building fund.

9. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

I also subscribe to this logic. Not that I am a tree hugger, but I hate wasting anything. Cards are a form of contact. Letters are being outdone by email because it is quicker and cheaper. Some people like to put their hoard of cards up, not that I like that. Loads of times I go through my music pack in January just to find cards I haven't even opened and end up throwing them out. It's not that I don't appreciate the the gesture, but I dont need a card from someone I am in regular contact with - just say 'Happy Christmas' (which they do anyway) and enjoy the season and save yourself some money (or better still give it to charity) and help the environment.:cool:

Igg

10. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Our parents started doing this a few years ago, and it's surprising how little relation it bears to the reality of what has gone on over the year.:rolleyes:
    A lot of their friends do it and there seems to be a certain amount of competition and oneupmanship going on...
    Although I'm sure Peter's is a shining beacon of truth in a naughty world.
    BMB
    xx

11. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

I never send any. That way nobody gets left out. Don't be offended if you don't get a card from me, no-one else has either!

I'm pretty much the same as Iggmeister. I've still got unopened christmas cards from last year lurking in the bottom of my trombone case:oops:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Christmas
    cards
    writing them.
    Christmas Cards
    corner
  13. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Can I expect one then... ;)

14. gawber

gawber Active Member

if I had your postal address you would certainly get one :D

I always buy charity cards.

15. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Charity cards is certainly a good gesture, but it is always worth finding out how much the charity actually receives from each card purchased - with some companies it is a ridiculously small amount, and it's sometimes better to buy good, cheap cards, and send a charity donation direct to your favoured cause.

16. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I got my first Christmas card yesterday!!

I'm writing mine out next week ready to post on 1st Dec.

17. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

wow thats early! havent even thought about it yet! and havent recieved any either Yet!

18. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Lesson to all: Don't buy your xmas cards to early.

My friend has brought all her xmas presents from her and her fiance and spent £26 on the personalised cards which have been signed from both of them.

Yesterday they split up. total waste of cards and £26! and of course very upsetting! (we don't like men very much at the moment!)

For this reason i'm not buying any cards till the last minute from now on!

19. Sopha

Sopha Active Member

aww bless! .. i never buy them to early anyway whats the point?!