Christmas Brass Band CDs

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Mofman, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Mofman

Mofman Member

I own a couple of older recordings on CD. I am looking to buy some up-to -date CDs. Could I have your suggestions please...
    Thanks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Band CDs
    couple of older recordings
    date CDs
    Christmas Brass
    suggestions
  3. euphoria

euphoria Member

Two favorites of mine this time of year (or perhaps in a couple of weeks time) is Simple Gifts (Yorkshire Building Society) and Sleigh Bells and Brass (Brass Band of Battle of Creek).

For a different type of chrismas-CD there is The Black Dyke Christmas Carol with a narrator who tells a short version of the Dickens classic christmas tale, while the band plays in between.
    Only problem is that after you have heard it once you probably skip the narrated tracks.

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Great CD that really swings! :clap:

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Grimethorpe's "White Christmas" has an excellent mix of traditional and modern, good arrangements and first class playing.

Another one, a little more off the beaten track, is "Have yourself a brassy little Christmas" by the American group Imperial Brass, with Joe Alessi on trombone. Several fine arrangements by Mark Freeh:
    http://www.dillonmusic.com/HeleoCart/ProductPage/IM03.aspx

6. ABERDEEN LOON

ABERDEEN LOON Member

Schneewaltzer by Thorsbey is always a fav. infact it has been on my mp3 player for the last month after our son asked for it in the car!

There is a new one coming out from my own band. Not sure if is will be widely available though as I haven't been at band for ages (Stupid back problem!)

7. llewellynd

llewellynd Member

Coleshill Town Band have just released a Christams CD, further details on the web site www.coleshilltownband.co.uk

Some tracks will be featured on a Brasscast podcast in the next couple of weeks.

8. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Better keep my ears open for that one, then :D

9. Rebecca Devaney

Rebecca Devaney New Member

Christmas CD

Bon Accord Silver Band in Aberdeen have just made a new Christmas CD. Should be ready for sale soon. See website...

http://www.davido.freeserve.co.uk/merchandise.html

A Christmas Festival
    Hark The Herald Angels Sing
    Christmas Song
    Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
    When A Child Is Born
    Christmas Crackers
    Once In Royal David's City
    Away in a manger
    Christmas Piece
    Three Kings Swing
    God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
    O Holy Night
    Veni Immanuel
    Walking in the Air
    O Come All Ye Faithful
    Jingle Bells

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  10. drumstyx

drumstyx New Member

failing those, there are 3 awesome CD's by the National Methodist Youth Brass Band..

11. Cochyn

Cochyn Member

Black Dyke Christmas Variations is a good one, track "O Holy Night" played on Sop by Kevin Crockford is mint.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Band CDs
    couple of older recordings
    date CDs
    Christmas Brass
    suggestions
  13. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Most of the recent Christmas CDs that we've added to our selection are from North American bands, nothing wrong with that.

We added Infant Holy (Mississauga Temple Band) to our website today and is a varied selection of Christian and secular Christmas and seasonal music.
    O Holy Night (North York Temple Band) is an imaginative recording which features UK vocalist Darren Bartlett.
    The Holly and the Ivy (Montclair Citadel Band) features guest professional trombonist James Pugh.
    That Holiday Feeling (Intrada Brass of Oakville) is a selection of many favourite Christmas compositions and arrangements.

A Christmas Celebration (Oberaargauer Brass Band) is on the Obrasso label and includes tracks with band and the Classic Festival Choir.

For other Christmas recordings, please check out the Christmas section of our website, there are 25 brass recordings to choose from!

14. Mofman

Mofman Member

Many thanks for all the suggestions. I have actually ordered 'A Christmas Celebration' off the World of Brass site (before I read the above thread).

I ordered this one as my wife used to sing in a choir so hopefully it will be well received at Christmas.

15. Mofman

Mofman Member

Yes I agree the Thorsby Band CD is fantastic and that is one of the CDs I'd been playing over the last few years.

16. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

The Spirit of Christmas by Sellers International Brass Band, Huddersfield Choral Society, Phillip McCann and Huddersfield Choral Society Youth Choir

Track Listing:

1. Ding Dong Merrily on High
    2. Shining Star
    3. Away in a Manger
    4. O Christmas Tree
    5. Il Est Ne
    6. Who is he?
    7. Christmas Swing
    8. Kwmbayah
    9. Christmas Joy
    10. Let There Be Peace on Earth
    11. Santa Claus-Trophobia
    12. In the Bleak Midwinter
    13. A Merry Little Christmas
    14. Lullaby
    15. Schneewaltzer
    16. A Christmas Fantasy
    17. We Wish You a Merry Christmas

Available from Sellers International Ltd, Engine Bridge Works, Chapel Hill, Huddersfield HD1 3EH. Guide Dogs for the Blind will be benefiting from sales of this CD.

Attached Files: