Chris Jaudes CD with New York Staff Band

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by John Brooks, May 5, 2006.

1. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

The following link leads to a report and some photos of the recent recording session with Chris Jaudes and the NYSB. This will be in the "must have" category! I'll have to buy two because once my son gets a hold of it I'll never see it again ;)

http://www.nysb.org/events/ChrisJaudesRecording.htm

2. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I heard Chris Jaudes with the Brass Band of Columbus two weeks ago, and I can honestly say that he's an amazing player!
    And he can play very loud too! :eek::eek::eek::eek: (ask the people who were sat in the front rows...)

3. BrianT

BrianT Member

Extraordinary!

Fabulous player! How on earth does he do it?
    I know what to spend my birthday record token on now!

4. John Brooks

Has anyone heard more on this recording? I've checked the NYSB site frequently but there's been nothing further there. I had thought it might be released this weekend in conjunction with their anniversary but still nothing as of five minutes ago.

5. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

We contacted the NYSB some weeks ago.
    The USA Eastern Territory were including it in their advertising and we started to get people trying to order it!
    It transpires that the release was put back to sometime in 2007 as, due to an illness, Chris was not able to complete the recording sessions last year.

6. John Brooks

Thanks for that Carl.

PS: Did you get my email yesterday re The Lighter Side of Elgar Howarth?

7. dwltrumpet

dwltrumpet New Member

Good news....the recording with Chris Jaudes was just completed over the weekend. we finished the final 3 tracks on Saturday so it shouldn't be long now.

8. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

I don't remember seeing it, John.

9. John Brooks

NYSB website (see first post above) now has some sample tracks.