Chris Botti

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by James McFadyen, Feb 24, 2004.

1. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

After buying several Chris Botti CD's (Trumpeter wih the most mellow sound imaginable!!!) I just wondered if anyone one else liked his stuff.

The music is very easing going and mellow, and his tone is remarkable. A very mellow sound out of a trumpet and he makes it sound so easy. He often works with Sting on his albums.

If anyone hasn't heard of him, I would suggest you get your hands on some recordings, coz they are breathtaking! Not technically brilliant but a performance that's delivered with passion and emotion!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Chris Botti
    Trumpeter
    Chris Botti CD
    Sting
    passion
  3. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

Com on peeps, not heard of Chris Botti!?????

U haven't lived! ;) ;) ;)

4. jameshowell

jameshowell Active Member

Don't worry James, you're not alone...

I've heard of Chris Botti, he has a beautiful sound. I love the style of music he plays.

And, like you say, nothing he plays is especially 'virtuosic', but he delivers it in such a way, with such an amazing sound :lol:

Another artist, not unlike Chris Botti - in sound and style - is Bryan Corbett.

5. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

2 words, Eddie Calvert.
    BMB

6. jameshowell

jameshowell Active Member

Eddie Calvert was one og the first trumpet players I ever heard, as a little boy round my grandad's house (cherry pink and apple blossom white). :lol:

He's great, and just as good as the two I mentioned above, but they are hard to compare or choose between because they are two VERY different styles of playing and music.