Chris Botti "Live" in Toronto

Discussion in ' User Reviews' started by John Brooks, Oct 7, 2006.

1. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I took my son to hear Chris Botti in Toronto last night. What a phenomenal player and his band was equally as good. After the show they all made themselves available to sign autographs. It made Landon's night when he actually had a 45 second conversation with Botti who proved to be very personable and encouraging.

If you ever get the opportunity to hear him perform don't miss it.
  2. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Is Chris Botti known in the U.K.?
  3. Jasper

Jasper Member

Certainly is John - although probably not widely known in Brass Band circles . A fine musician - 'Night Session''s' is still one of my favourite 'mood' listens.

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Talking of 'mood' listens - I just played the introduction (3.5 mins) to a track called Octavarium by Dream Theatre... now, Dream Theatre are a progressive/symphonic rock band, and the start of this track isn't what I expected to hear. Lovely soothing dreamscape chords and gibson les paul guitar type effect with super reverb and delay... very dreamy.

Anyone know the track?

EDIT & PS: I just remembered where I had heard similar chords before... and it's very similar to the intro track on the "Wish You Were Here" album by Pink Floyd. Fmin - Fmin9 - C#min et al...;)
  5. Carina

Carina Member

I bought the "Night Sessions" CD a few months ago - it's great!It's very relaxing and some beautiful trumpet playing.
  6. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

I'm very partial to Chris Botti. I first heard him when he did some trumpet stuff for The Blue Nile about 15 years ago, then the very commercial When I Fall In Love came out (fab arrangement of the theme from Cinema Paradiso).
    A Thousand Kisses Deep is my fave though. (both of those CDs are commercial but listenable):clap: