Chrimbo Tunes

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by lilcornetgirl, Nov 23, 2003.

1. lilcornetgirl

lilcornetgirl Member

As it is near to crimbo i wondered what everyones fave piece was and why :?: Plus i wondered what everyones first crimbo piece was.

My first piece was Marys Born Child and my fave one must be Jingle Bells as this year i have a solo with it at my school crimbo concert. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So plz tell me your fave ones am going to go on this website at the end and see if i can get the tunes to em cas my mate told me this site (if it works)
  2. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

Call me stupid, but Chrimbo means Christmas?????? :shock:

And you want the details on good arrangements so you can go make recordings right??????

And you say us aussies talk funny!!! :lol:
  3. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

My favourite music to play at christmas has to be any decent piece that has nothing to do with christmas.

I had playing naff arrangements of christmas carols

4. twigglet

twigglet Member

i agree most are naff, but its all fun and gets you in the christmas mood!!

And if i'm going to play cheese, the cheesier the better....Rockin' around the Christmas tree for me!! :lol:
  5. Railybobs

Railybobs Member

Sad to say cheese is the order of the day when it comes to Christmas.
  6. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

my first ever performance was a trombone duet of little donkey, so I have fond memories of that one!

Other than that it's all a bit cheesy so I can't really pick out a favourite!
  7. lilcornetgirl

lilcornetgirl Member

CJ Crimbo does mean Christmas i am only 13 so i can't arrange it evan though i am starting to compose music it is very hard to ARRANGE it i sjust wondered you see to get me in the crimbo spirit.
  8. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

Can't remeber what my first piece of Christmas music was because it was that long ago :oops: . We play Christmas Crackers arr by John Iveson which always goes down well, especially the third movement (We wish you...) when our conductor gets all poignant and says really moving stuff!
  9. Despot

Despot Member

I'm sure my first Christmas piece (not carol) was Jingle Bells! Card size part, probably Siebert many, many years since I played it though!

Favourite? Hard to say, I like so many.......except an arrangement of "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday" I played last week........oh dear!
  10. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

my favourite is "Christmas Swingalong!" cheesey as a cheese board but good fun..gets u into the Christmas spirit!
  11. dyl

dyl Active Member

Had a run-through Andy Duncan's new arrangement of Leroy Anderson's Christmas Festival last night - an excellent piece we will definitely be making use of in the coming weeks.

As for my first Crimbo piece - I think it was Away In A Manger when I was about 12 years old and my uncle thrust a cornet in my mouth while I went with the senior band during their annual carolling around the local hospitals.
  12. Okiedokie of Oz

Santa Claus-trophobia by Sandy Smith has my vote evry time. It's got everything. Novelty bass solos, gorgeous euph moments, loud razzy trombone ensemble.....oh yeah, and some cornets and horns too!!!
  13. lilcornetgirl

lilcornetgirl Member

We played that on Thurseday i have to agree it is cheesy but it is really fun plus we are gonna do all this standing up buisness in it so we will stand then sit down it will be so funny.
  14. lilcornetgirl

lilcornetgirl Member

My dad plays that at his band i must admit its a great toe tapper it is dead funny and i now all the words
  15. shedophone

shedophone Member

Is santa-claustrophobia the one with the theme from the film Santa Claus in the middle? If so, which one is that? the theme's a euph solo, and i absolutely love that, and the rest of the piece.
  16. Okiedokie of Oz

that's the one, Shedophone! :D
  17. lilcornetgirl

lilcornetgirl Member

The only problem with crimbo tunes and Brass Bands is that all the composers and arrangers try to come up with these really good tunes but they turn out really cheesy. IE/ Christmas Swingalong that is so cheesy.
  18. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

our band is playing a really fab arr. of we three kings entitled 'three king swing' its really jazzy and refreshing whilst still being christmassy!
    Carolyn, yorkshire co-op
  19. Okiedokie of Oz

Good piece, but you need have a cornet/flugel player who can go off!!!! 8) I mean, I know the solo's on the Rep part, but I've seen it covered by solo's, 2nds, 4th seat solos and flugels.
  20. lilcornetgirl

lilcornetgirl Member

I think iam gonna have to ask at school and at band if we can get this one cas it sounds really cool and differant and seen as though i am repi am gonna be a bit byest.

Thanks for the idea
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: