Chopsaver

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by sop 1, May 9, 2007.

1. sop 1

sop 1 Member

Just wondering if anyone else has tried "Chopsaver".
    If u havent give it a go,its reall good! :biggrin:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Chopsaver
    u havent
    reall
    biggrin
  3. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I've tried it and it's great, keep meaning to get some more to try and get rid of this split I've had for over a month!

4. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

I've used it for ages.. it's good stuff.

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I find barbecue sauce does the trick personally ;) :) :oops:

. . . I'll just away for my coat :(

6. davidsait

davidsait Member

I'm sure it's great, but I still maintain that I'd be a better player if I got off my **** and did some serious practice, rather than spending money on lip balm.

7. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

I somehow knew that this tread may provoke a response from you.

I don't claim it makes me a better player or anything of the sort. I just find it better than other similar products when used after playing to soothe etc..

:)

8. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

Lip Balm?? Bunch of Jessies, you'll be wearing eye shadow next! ;)

9. davidsait

davidsait Member

Well, at least I didn't go for a 10 minute rant this time, eh?

Seriously folks, I have absolutely no comment to make on Chopsaver either way as I've never touched the stuff. This would be a private joke between myself and Mr Quinlan.....

10. MickM

MickM Member

:lol: :lol: :clap:

11. ratley

ratley Member

It's great, and as the resident product queen I highly recommend it!

And as for "a bunch of jessies", I think we should celebrate diversity! :biggrin:

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Chopsaver
    u havent
    reall
    biggrin
  13. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

... or, to put it another way, in the words of a very well respected soloist of the "old school" (sorry, really can't remember who; it was in some old booklet about playing technique dating from the early 20th c. - long since mislaid): "I am often asked, "What is the best thing to put on the lips?" The answer, really, is The Mouthpiece."

;)

14. I used it for a while, especially over christmas with lots of caroling etc, but i think lips get too reliant on those kinda things and then stop producing the moisture themselves. I think its best if we stop licking our lips and keeping them moist, then naturally they'll be ok, our body deals with it ok.

15. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Personally, I use Harveys Sussex Bitter or Youngs Special - works a treat.

16. sop 1

sop 1 Member

chopsaver is not meant to be used when playing,u use it after playing cos it helps with brusing because it contains arnica.i dont use it all the time only after some heavy rehersals or practise!
    its really good 4 chapped lips too.

17. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Petroleum jelly. Seriously, after having your lips battered after a tough concert or contest, a smear of vaseline is all you need.

18. trumpetmike

trumpetmike Active Member

If you find lip balms of any kind to be useful, you should definitely try Chopsaver.

There are those who do use them, there are those that don't - neither are right, neither are "wimps" it is just a different embouchure setup - for some people their embouchures benefit from it, others don't find this to be the case.

I am not a great user of lip balms, but find that every now and then (especially after a very heavy gig) it is useful to apply some in order to keep the chops in order.
    If I do have a heavy evening and apply some Chopsaver before bed, I wake up in the morning and my chops feel FANTASTIC.

I don't claim that it is the best for everybody, but it is certainly the best I have found, for my lips.

If anyone fancies trying some Chopsaver, I have a small number of samples available - PM me and I will give you my address - if you send me a self-addressed, stamped envelope, I will stick a few samples in the post for you.
    I don't work for Chopsaver, I have no financial interest in the company, I don't sell it - I am just here to spread the word.

19. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

One NOT to use is Blistex! It does protect your lips but makes them swell a little and affects your buzz! :oops:

20. cookie2

cookie2 Member

Hear, hear! I suffer from chapped lips quite a lot and used to be a bit of a Blistex devotee. I was aware that on some occasions I was really struggling to play properly but it was ages before I made the connection. Tingly, swollen lips are all well and good, but hardly condusive to great playing! :-?

Anyway, Chopsaver, tell me more. I've never heard of it. Where can it be bought? What am I looking for?

21. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I've never heard of Chopsaver before either...I've always resorted to vaseline! I might have to try it sometime...

22. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- their website might be a good start ...

http://www.chopsaver.com/

Last edited: May 12, 2007