Choice of Referee

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Chunky, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I see that we have been allocated our referee for the quarter final on Saturday. He is Mr Horacio Elizondo who is Argentinian. !!!

Is it just me who finds this slightly worrying?

2. dyl

dyl Active Member

Well you can't expect to be given Russian linesmen and officials at every World Cup match can you? ;)

3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Lol! Saving them for the final!

All joking apart Mr Elizondo makes a genuine mistake, can you imagine the outcry!

4. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

I know what you're saying, but I'd rather have him than Ivanonv (or Graham Poll).

He ref'd the first game between Germany and Costa Rica and I thought he did a good job.

England to win on penalties.

5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

He's the same ref who red-carded Beckham whilst he was playing for Man Utd at the ill-fated World Club Championships!

6. Bigenglandfan

Bigenglandfan Member

By the time we play our match Argentina will already be on their way home, so hopefully their "home" official won't be tempted to do anything silly with his cards.

Seriously though, I'm licking my lips at the prospect of this evenings game 'twixt Germany and Argieland. The Germans are solid and massively confident against a team with some wonderful, high quality players. I do think the Germans have a real opportunity to turn them over.

And the best part for a neutral England fan is at the end of it one of our biggest rivals will be knocked out, either way!!

Just reread my posting and realised that of course it is an afternoon kickoff for those of you in the UK, it is an evening KO for us here. Will you be taking time off work to watch it??

7. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Will I?? I'm sat here now counting the minutes down, I reckon it will be the game of the tournament so far!

Where are you by the way? Whats' the TV coverage like there?

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

So long as he doesn't employ the same 'Hand of God' that that pathetic, cheating, drug addict Diego Maradonna used all those years ago.

What a prat...