Chill Out Tunes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Any ideas of good chill out/easy listening tunes that I can download...I can't think of anything

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I know loads when I hear them.... pitty i cannever remember titles :-/

doh.............. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........

seven seconds away is nice.... forget the artist..............i think have a fink :p

3. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Andy... I have loads for you... and I do my own... PM me yeah :)

Also - do you have iTunes? If not - get it...:) then go to Radio > Ambient > DI fm Chillout... fantastic chillout stuff all the time 24/7 - brilliant, awesome selections... ask Dyl ;)

5. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Try anything by The Aphex Twin, he's actually a very good friend of mine from school days and he used to play Eb bass for the band I was in.

His music is electronic but very very ambient/chilled

6. timbloke

timbloke Member

I went through a period a couple of years ago of really getting into chill-out stuff. Heres a suggestion of some (of the better ones) you might like to try (they are perhaps a bit dated now, I got to a point when I was that chilled out I was getting a bit bored, so stopped looking up new artists!!):

Lemonjelly, Zero 7, Air, Groove Armada, Moby and Leftfield are the most mainstream and obvious ones.

Other artist you may like to hunt down are Bent, Buscemi, Blue States, Malcolm Cato, Hefner (not the indie band - try the album called Residue), St Germain, Cinematic Orchestra, 1 Giant Leap, Dusted, The Gotan Project, The Peace Orchestra, Tosca

Surprisingly some of the dance albums can be quite chilled - Faithless, Paul Van Dyk, Underworld definitely, Robert Miles, The Orb or Hybrid for example.

Don't forget Massive Attack, Morcheeba, Portishead, Martina Topley Bird or Bjork, all who can be chilled at times.

I'd really recommend the following albums

Two Banks of Four - City Watching,
    4Hero - Creating Patterns or Two Pages,
    anything Jazzanova related,
    early John B www.beta-recordings.com (Drum and Bass Visions is a phenomenal album, everyone I've played it to has loved it - try and get "The Subway" as featured on a compilation called "Jazz and Bass Sessions 2" on Formation Records),
    Koop - Waltz For Koop
    Yonderboi - Shallow and Profound

I can think of more, particularly along the more guitar/vocal route solo artists type thing, but am going to shut up now.

7. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Anything by Quantic or Quantic Soul Orchestra is good, you might recognise some advert tunes... definitely recommend QSO's Stampede album. Also, Air's Moon Safari, Royksopp's Melody AM, Underworld's Dubnobasswithmyheadman or Beaucoup Fish. And anything else previously mentioned... I personally prefer Lemonjelly.ky to Lost Horizons, don't really think the latest one (64-95)is up to the standard of previous offerings. I have also been known to chillout to the Best of Dire Straits....!!

Also see:

Aim
    Nightmares on Wax
    DJ Food (esp Jazz Brakes Vol.4)
    Massive Attack (I don't think I've ever listened to Blue Lines in its entirety, it always sends me to sleep its that chilled!!)

and finally, either of the St. Germain Cafe compilation discs. See here

8. Lisa

Lisa Member

Hi,

There are lots of cool songs which can be downloaded here: http://willowsg1.free.fr/muzik.htm
    It includes some 'chillout' stuff and some other reall great songs - the evanescence one is wicked!

9. Flugelmahorn

Flugelmahorn Member

I've been into downtempo-ambient-chill-electronica type music really since I was at Uni (about 10 years ago). Some great suggestions have already been made here but thought I'd add a few more of my own.....

Mylo - DestroyRockAndRoll
    The Orb - Adventures Beyond The Ultraworld
    Anything you can find on the FAX label run by Pete Namlook
    The new Moby album Hotel contains a 2nd cd called Hotel.Ambient which pretty much does what it says on the tin!
    Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works vol 1&2
    Anything on the Big Chill label
    Global Communication - 76:14 and another album they did which is a remix of Chapterhouse but I forget what it's called - Translations or something like that. Both of these are superb chill out albums.
    Nightmares on Wax - Smokers Delight and Carboot Soul
    Most stuff on the Warp label is very good although some of it is quite a challenge to listen to!
    A Reminiscent Drive and Ulrich Schnauss who I think are on the F Communications label are also excellent.

There's loads more out there too but this early on in the week I forget....... I'll post some more ideas as and when they hit me!

10. cornetshell

cornetshell Member

i put on that Debussy-
    La pre midi du onion fawns (< music student and proud! :wink: )

it always makes me feel really relaxed- and smiley

:tongue:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    ideas of good chill
    easy listening tunes
    ca
  12. Shepherd Moons - Enya

Lush!!

13. cant beat proud by heather small