Children's Adjudication Panel

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by JR, Mar 14, 2008.

1. JR

JR Member

Has anyone read "children"'s remarks on 4br from Bradford?

I was absolutely amazed at their quality - most would easily pass for experienced, adult comments. They were informative, detailed, accurate and concise - they even got the result right! (well, nearly)

Terrific stuff - can we do it again please? - Grand shield? English Nationals?

John R (gobsmacked)

2. vonny

vonny Member

Yes I read through them last night JR and I have to agree they were quality remarks. It's wonderful to see such enthusiastic young people!

3. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I bet some of the bands were wishing that the kids were the real adjudicators. :) :) :)

I think it was a worthwhile experiment and well done to Yorkshire area for pioneering it.

4. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Some well-thought-out writing in it. Only one real clanger - "This band would have done better if they had played later in the draw"!

5. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Yep maybe we would - but it does show that even at a young age bandsmen have the superstitious nature!!

Maybe we could have done better if we played more in tune!!

But to echo JR's comments I was also very impressed by the quality of the remarks and the acuracy of the final tables compered to the Adj's!!

Lets do it again!

6. Sandy Smith

Sandy Smith Member

although you could argue that "out of the mouths of babes" etc. !

Have to agree - great stuff all round.Bob,Paul and Mark, and the Yorkshire organising team seem to have got it pitched perfectly for the four young people involve.

Should be taken up by a few more contests if poss.

7. JesTperfect!

JesTperfect! Member

another classic:

Hayley Edmond:
    (Emley) ''M - cornet bit mobbly on first note''

EXCELLENT!!

Being Cornish, and therefore not in-tune with the lingo of you Northern Folk, can someone please explain the meaning of 'mobbly' to me?!

8. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Do we know whether they made seperate remarks or was it a joint effort from all of these young people?

9. Blossom

Blossom Member

Children's Adjudicating Panel

All their seperate remarks are available to read on 4BR in Articles Section