Children of Sanchez

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Tim Fermor, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Tim Fermor

Tim Fermor New Member

Does anyone know where I can get hold of "The Children of Sanchez" arrangede by Ried Gilje as a flugel solo. I cannot find it for sale anywhere including the internet.
    lots of C/D recordings, but no sheet music!
  2. LJ_Flugel

LJ_Flugel New Member

Have you tried the just brass website? ( I ordered it from there a couple of years ago, don't know if they will still have it or not but it's worth a try if you haven't already. I remember it being really difficult to find though, and that was the only place I found after hours of looking! They did have to order it from the publishers in Norway for me, and it got lost on the way twice, but they were really helpful and it got here in the end!
    Good luck finding it, it's a great piece!
  3. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I have a copy at home - I'll look up the publishers and post them here later, hopefully that might help.
  4. Hi Newtongrange did a recording of it.pretty good too. You will have to contact trhem to see if they are still flogging it.
  5. Tim Fermor

Tim Fermor New Member

thanks. I have tried just brass but they have not got back to me yet!
    woodenflugel - where did you get yor copy from?
  6. brassbandmaestro

brassbandmaestro Active Member

Dyke have recorded this. It has John Doyle playing Flugel and it's on Essential Dyke V, 'Celebrate Rotary'. Very fine playing as you would expect.
  7. HBB

HBB Active Member

I'm so glad that you took the time to tell us this. However, by reading the original post, you'll find that the OP was actually after the sheet music, not the recording! :tup
  8. Tim Fermor

Tim Fermor New Member

I was not going to be so rude as to point this out!
    not implying that you are rude HBB :)
  9. HBB

HBB Active Member

Me. Rude? Never!

Me. Sarcastic? ... :roll:
  10. chill

chill Member

Think our MD Ian McElligott (ex director of music for HM Coldstream Guards ) may have an arrangement for Flugal. Let me know if your interested and I'll email him and cc you

11. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Ooops, just realised I forgot to do this. Its published by Warner / Chappell Music Norway which may explain why its proving difficult to get hold of - I'm not sure who is looking after the Warner / Chappell stuff these days (if anyone), it seems after a blaze of publicity Warner dropped the whole project like a stone and their website is less than helpful these days. FWIW it's International Music Numbering identification is ISMN M-66111-065-1 - I've just quickly Googled it and got no hits at all. Maybe with a bit more time this number might help?

Sorry I can't be more useful - I got my copy a few years ago and things have changed with the Warner / Chappell stuff since then. Best of luck finding it - its a great solo.
  12. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

They also used it in their programme at the West Lothian Challenge about three years ago so they must have a printed set. I'm also sure I've heard Jim Chamberlain from Whitburn play this version in the last year or two.
  13. Tim Fermor

Tim Fermor New Member

:tupI love this website, only just joined & asked a question - no shortage of helpful people. cant have too much information/help!
    will try the ISMN number next
  14. Tim Fermor

Tim Fermor New Member

unfortunately no joy yet, any other bright ideas out there?
  15. richie rich

richie rich New Member

hi i think our band have it may be able to let you borrow
  16. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Hi, will ask Reid at band.
  17. impycornet

impycornet Member

Give Kirklees Music a call __01484-722855__ -- Not listed on their website but they can usually source most things if you give them enough details

18. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

Reid said HE doesn't know where you can get it from either :p but he will try and find out.
  19. gerry

gerry Supporting Member

20. blinddogjohn

blinddogjohn New Member

Richie Rich

Your reply to the thread about Children of Sanchez says you may have a copy at your band.................

Mod edit: please remember copyright law!
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2009