Children in Need - Sponsorship Form

Discussion in 'The Auditorium' started by Roger Thorne, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Moderator Staff Member

Hi Folks,

As the event is now well and truly under way we have now made available a
    Sponsorhip Form for those taking part in the Event.

In the original post it was stated that all participants would be expected to have a minimum sponsorship of £10 (the bigger sponsorship the better!).

Once you've collected the money from all your sponsors could you please send a cheque made payable to: The Mouthpiece.com to:

Roger Thorne
    18 Sundorne Crescent
    Shrewsbury
    Shropshire
    SY1 4JE

All cheques will be handed to John and he will then donate the total sum to Children in Need on behalf of The Mouthpiece.com

So please download the Sponsorship Form from the link below and get collecting!

SPONSORSHIP FORM

:wink:

2. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

i've downloaded this form and when i opened it all i got was a load of symbols (and no not the musical kind :lol:)

3. Hilary Mateer

Hilary Mateer Member

I have just taken a sponsorship form round my wind band and they wanted to know what exactly they were sponsoring me to do so I wondered if we could have an official sheet of information to send round with the sponsorship form.
    Another point is that lots of sponsorship forms I have seen recently have a box to tick if you are a tax payer and space to fill in your address. This is so tax can be claimed back. Is it worth doing a form like this as when I send it round work it will add up to a considerable amount extra

4. Kernewek Den

Kernewek Den Member

Yeah your right, you need to get the donees permsion to gift aid their contribution. As long as they are a UK resident and a tax payer Children in Need can reclaim the tax.

It's worth doing.

5. Kernewek Den

Kernewek Den Member

Also, is it possible for TMP to take donations by paypal for us who can't take part?

It's a bit far to travel from Cornwall!!

6. dyl

dyl Active Member

This facility has been approved by the powers-that-be at CIN, and should be available via the eShop within a few days.

7. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

can I get sponsored and then pay by paypal instead of the cheque method?

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Yup Neal - no problem with this. Just one thing people need to understand with PayPal though and is why I wanted this cleared with the BBC 1st is that PayPal take out there % commission from any payment made. So, if you pay tMP CiN Appeal £10.00 - we willonly receive £9.70 something i.e. your £10.00 minus PayPal commission.

Please note - tMP WILL NOT BE TAKING ANY CHARGE at all out of this amount, only PayPal will do this.

As long as you are OK with this (& the BBC are :) ) then this is fine by me. Look out for the link to be set up tomorrow...

Oh and Neil... many thanks for this offer... :D

9. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

I'm going to pay the 'commision' already have an account, so shouldn't be a problem

10. TheMusicMan

Nice one Neil... thanks for this, very generous of you ... how come you can't make it then?

11. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

I can, but it said to post a cheque to roger on the sponsorship form...

did I get it wrong :(

12. Kernewek Den

Kernewek Den Member

Paypal charges are nothing compared to the tax that could be reclaimed if you add a gift aid tick box to the sponsor form!

Check it out with CIN if you like but if you phone them up to donate they will ask if you want to gift aid your pledge wich means Tony will add 22% to your donation. CHANGE THE FORM!

13. TheMusicMan

Nope you didn't get it wrong Neil - my fault.

Great that you're gonna be there - can buy you a pint then (or you to me) :)

I think we need to clarify this with everyone so they understand that they can either do that (i.e. send a cheque to RT) or donate their sponsorship (atendance at the event or no attendance at the event) online at the tMP e-Shop once the link is set up tomorrow.

Thanks for spotting that one... :wink:

14. TheMusicMan

We are going to do this - thanks for pointing it out... :D

15. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

can it still be claimed back if we pay through paypal? with production of the sponsorship form of course?

16. TheMusicMan

I'm hoping so - but don't know enough about this just yet. Will speak to BBC tomorrow as part of my now daily telephone calls with them... :roll:

Dyl is also looking into this for us tomorrow.

There's a lot going on to get the tMP CiN Event going behind the scenes folks, thanks for your support and anticipated generosity for our donation to CiN... :)

17. Kernewek Den

Kernewek Den Member

As long as the sponsor has the donees consent to 'gift aid' their donation it doesn't matter how its paid. I will check it out tomorrow and post again to make sure I've got the facts right as tax law is always more complex on the internet!

It keeps me in a job!

18. TheMusicMan

... much appreciated.... you can PM me with the details if required....

John

19. Kernewek Den

Kernewek Den Member

Will do - Its a complex area and easily got wrong if the wording on forms etc isn't exact!

20. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Regarding Gift Aid, I believe that may not be possible if people are donating via theMouthPiece as we are not a registered charity ourselves, even though all the money raised is going to be passed on to Children in Need. When we have clarification on this we shall post further details.