Children In Need Recording

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by The Cornet King, Nov 23, 2003.

1. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Dont know about anyone else but i thought that the tMP band and the 10 piece that did the radio recording at CinN sounded really REALLY good. :D

Are we getting the recording tapes off the BBC from the radio performance?
    And is there any chance of getting hold of the tape from the TV performance? He must have recorded about 10-15 mins all for the sake of a measely few seconds of air time so it would be good to see the rest if it was available.

2. timbloke

timbloke Member

You may have noticed a random bloke wandering around talking to me when we walked to the recording and then hanging around afterwards.. that was my brother, who works at the beeb in brum, and knew a few of the people there, I asked him if he could try and get hold of the photos and will do the same for the recordings. Not sure whether there'll be any joy on this front, but hopefully he might know someone who knows someone who can help.

I'll let you know in due course.

3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Agreed. If any band is struggling for players for a parade or who regularly perform as a 10 piece or small ensemble, try playing Slaidburn. Surprisingly, it did work really well.

:wink:

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Thanks Tim for asking your Bro... I have also asked BBC if there is any chance we could get hold of a copy.

Let's keep each other posted yeah... :wink:

5. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Will there be any way to put the vid and recording on tMP?

6. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

hope not ;)

7. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

:D :lol: :wink:

8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Presently going through the process with PRS et al to permit this... it's gonna cost me to do this, but heck, as Roger said it was an excellent rendition. I will keep you informed.

J

9. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Is it going to cost lots? How about all who were there contribute? I am frankly brassic, but will sell my Granny to see the vid :lol:
    BMB
    xx