Children In need 2003.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by super_sop, Nov 22, 2003.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Hello everyone from a very tired, very cold, super_sop!!

Had a Fantastic day today helping to raise loads of money for CiN. it was good to put some more names to faces, and re-aquant myself with people i already new (I wont mention everyones name cose i dont want to offend anyone by leaving them out).

Ther was lots of playing, lots of dancin :oops: and lots of singin :roll: :oops: oh and did i mention the cold :!:
    anyway, its off to bed.
    so see ya all soon.

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Glad it all went well, and a special word for theMusicMan who's had to deal with all the difficulties tying things down, including last-minute hiccups that could have meant playing time being drastically reduced.

Well done, one and all :!:
  3. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Very Cold, Very Foggy, Very sore arms, very funny!!

Last night was great despite repeatedly playing floral dance for the bbc just for about 2 seconds on the local news :(

We didn't let this dampen our spirits. Oh No! We went and played Centenary Square and froze our spirits instead (and Darth Tuba's Valves!!)

Then we went to the hotel and had cake.
    And some beer!
    and some more beer!

Bigup to Jessop_Smythe for making them re-open the bar at 3am. What a hero!!
    Thanks John and Roger and all the mods. Was muchos funos

I would do a report thingy but its hurting my head looking at this screen right now. Maybe will try later. am off to sleep now!
  5. twigglet

twigglet Member

oh what fun it was!! last night in particular was particularly amusing. I realise now I was completely battered (but I did only eat tomatoes and a packet of crisps all day, so its OK!)

I'd like to apologise to Aidan and chris (darth tuba) for the rubbish i was talking, although i seem to remember i found it very funny and a bit cheeky at the time ( 's.j' hahaha) Yeah and big twigge reminded me of the 'dancing' i did for aidans video camera thingy, whoops.

Oh yeah and the 'serious' conversation I tried to have with music man about rugby, not sure if i pulled that one off either... but wahey we won!!! (johnny is my hero !)

The day was all in all very good, if not very cold, and we will have raised lots of money for a good cause so its all worth it.

:oops: :D :oops:

P>S thanks CG for the vodka and sparkly wine, i'll take it back to uni and live like a real student xx
  6. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Now I've had some sleep I can say great fun. Thanks guys. Whens the next event?
  7. twigglet

twigglet Member

...oh dear :oops: geordiecolin just told me that the video camera thingy had zoom too. :?

hope to have another tMP event soon, or if not i'm sure there will be many tMP socials to be had
  8. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

too tired to speak in full sentences today. annoyed all the ticket offices at train stations. didn't know where i was going... nice to meet you all though, bring on the next years event! (hopefully in a warmer venue!)
  9. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

And not starting at midday on a school day :(
  10. leisa

leisa Active Member

tired!! cant believe the pink hat has yet to be mentioned!! I would do a report but i cant remember much really just remember been very cold :? dancing whilst playing (needs to be tried is rather hard to do) losing my pink hat numerous times. losing my camera, finding my camera, my feet hurting alot, fog, meetin loads of top people and havin fun!! drinking alot and spilling crisps all over brittanias hotel bar floor :oops: but £3.50 for a meesly sandwhich - they deserved it!!

anyway it was a brilliant day and met lots of great people and mixed lots of great drinks :cry: :( . anyway great day!!! Thank You Music Man, Roger and Mods!!

Love a hungover-very happy-tired person :D x x x x x
  11. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

My head hurts :hammer I think the beer monkey must've attacked me.

Cracking day despite the fact I managed to fall out with the manager almost everywhere we went, Wetherspoons, McDonalds and the Brittannia Hotel (Think I won that one though)

Loads of fun and great to meet all of you.
    So, Music Man, when are we doing Listen to the Band?
  12. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

i think with all the dancing going on we should be entering brass in concert!
  13. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

oh yeah, nearly forgot the cake, which was absolutely crackin! can we have more birthday parties?
  14. leisa

leisa Active Member

yer the cake was ace yummy!! as for the dancing lynchie i didnt see u joinin in!!!! :p
  15. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I was quite happy swaying!

Anyway, Tim made up for it! Couldn't get him to stand still for more than 5 seconds!!
  16. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

:lol: Glad you guys had fun, and I hope to see you at the next event whenever it is.
  17. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

ahh wondered were all that lot came from :lol:

gr8 day - if you forget about the the cold and fog, but worth while in the end.
    good to meet people and re-meet people sober :p
  18. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

i believe we were the sober ones last time we met :wink:
  19. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Twas a very long, but enjoyable day/s~fun was had by me! despite falling down the grill when we were playing and losing all feeling in most body parts.

Lots of cake, lots of drink, lots of laughing, a bit of sleep and a cracking (yet very scary) rugby match....what more could a girl want?!
  20. leisa

leisa Active Member

u joking?? Jez is never sober!!! hehe :shock: