Cheshire Constabulary vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by woolly, Mar 12, 2008.

1. woolly

woolly Member

We are based in Winsford , North West Area currently 4th section.

We are looking for a good standard front row Cornet player (s) and second trombone. Due to movement throughout the band we may also be able to accomodate other players of a good standard.

Just came 7th on our return to contesting after 6 years!!!

That said as a Police band we are primarily a concert band. We secure some very high profile engagements (e.g.Chester Cathedral, Audlem Proms, Chester Lord Mayors parade) and will also be playing at the Whit Fridays this year. (You wont miss us because for the first time we will be wearing traditional Police uniform)

Its a common misconception that you need to work for the Police to play in the band, in fact only three of the members are in the Police, everyone else come from all walks of life.

We rehearse just once a week (which will suit some but maybe not others) on a Monday night at Police HQ.

We are an ambitious band who want to improve, mainly to be able to play those arrangements which require that higher standard of playing.

The new band are very committed and achieve almost full rehearsals every week. We have also just taken order of smart new uniforms and banners.

It's important that any interested players are willing (and able) to attend rehearsals. If you have a casual attitude to attending band, then its only fair to say we are not the band for you!

If you are keen to try something different than the norm give me a ring for a chat or drop me an E Mail

Cheers Dave

Tel 01244 61 3349 or david.woollam@cheshire.pnn.police.uk

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Cheshire Constabulary
    Winsford
    North West Area
    Police band
    new band
  3. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

I would like to add, that when I'm in Cheshire that I go down to the band, and they are the loveliest bunch I have ever met.
    They are also a very forward thinking band, and I know in the coming years that they will leap up the league tables, and rightly so.

Don't just think about it, join! you wont regret it

Kelly.

4. woolly

woolly Member

Thanks Kelly

Thanks Kelly

It was nice of you to add those comments, I hope that you are enjoying life
    up north!!

Come and see us when your next down this way you are very welcome as ever.....

Dave

5. woolly

woolly Member

Cheshire Police band vacancies

We are still looking for a front row Cornet player and a second Trom.

The band secures some very high profile engagements (we are at Chester Cathedral twice - possibly three times this year also Audlem Proms & Chester Lord Mayors parade)

We will also be playing at the Whit Fridays.

Its a common misconception that you need to work for the Police to play in the band, in fact only three of the members are in the Police, everyone else come from all walks of life.

We rehearse just once a week (which will suit some but maybe not others) on a Monday night at Police HQ.

As with all good band commitment to rehearsals etc is expected.

If you are keen to try something different than the norm give me a ring
    ( 0785 789 5674) or E Mail david.woollam@cheshire.pnn.police.uk

Cheers Dave

6. Big Daddy

Big Daddy New Member

I have sent email over to David Woollam,regarding the vacant 2nd Trombone position, please let me know if you have received it.
    Thanks Steve

7. woolly

woolly Member

Re last

Steve

I am on leave at the moment so wont get my work E mails ...feel free to try david.woollam@btinternet.com as an alternative

Cheers DaVE

8. woolly

woolly Member

Cheshire Police band

We are still looking for a strong front rank cornet player who will make such a difference to our band.

We have strong sections throughout the band but need that extra on the front rank to really do justice to the programme we are preparing for our busy summer engagement schedule.

We are 99% complete as a band (in fact in some sections we are over strength- and happy to be so) .

Consequently we are a band that seldom requires deps but we would love to fill that illusive front rank spot.

If your undecided please feel free to come down to rehearsal and make your own mind up as to what sort of band you would be joining

Cheers Dave ( MD)
    0785 789 5674

Mail david.woollam@cheshire.pnn.police.uk

9. woolly

woolly Member

Corps of drums Side drum players

We are currenty seeking additional side drummers for our Corps of drums (we have 4 already)

The Corps are smartly turned out and we would suit ex-forces or cadet corps drummers who can attain a high standard of turnout and enjoy marching engagements.

We will be appearing at Whit Friday this year

Rehearsals are held at Winsford Police HQ in the weeks prior to engagements both as a drum corps, and with full band.

If you are interested contact Dave on 0785 789 5674 or david.woollam@cheshire.pnn.police.uk

10. woolly

woolly Member

Front row cornet player wanted

We have been successful in recruiting a second trombone player (Jane) and also a new side drummer (Andy) for our corps of drums.
    A warm welcome to you both.

All that remains is a vacancy for a front row cornet player to further strengthen the band.

We will be at the Whit fridays and only have one dep on front row, the rest is our band so if you hear us you can be the judge of the standard of the band.

If you live within travelling distance of Winsford and want to come for a blow we rehearse Mondays and you can make your own mind up whether we would be for you. Yor would be very welcome.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  11. woolly

woolly Member

Front rank cornet player sought

As you can see we have been after an additional front rank cornet player for some months now.

We are lucky in that we have some great deps we can call upon but as many of you know its never the same as a permanent member of the band.

Ideally we would love to have a player who was capable of stepping into the principal cornet chair on the very rare occasions when Paul our principal cannot make engagements or rehearsals. Our current second man Chris does a great job, but would rather not have that responsibility.

We had a successful Whit Friday with just one dep (on front rank) the rest of the band is all our own and we are developing into a good band, both on and off the stand. Dont take our word for it though if your interested feel free to come for a blow.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Cheshire Constabulary
    Winsford
    North West Area
    Police band
    new band
  13. woolly

woolly Member

Front rank cornet sought

Hi we are still seeking what is our last vacancy and that is a front rank cornet player.

If you want a better idea of what we are about visit our web site at www.cheshirepoliceband.co.uk and or give me a ring for a chat.

You would be very welcome indeed

Cheers Dave

14. woolly

woolly Member

BB Bass player sought. We have a full band (including three Eb players) but we have a vacancy for a BB player. Details of the band are above. We have just qualified for Harrogate and will be promoted to third section come January. ( Not bad for only the second year back in the contest scene). We have a full engagement list with lots happening. Interested Call Dave on 0785 789 5674 ( other contact details on www.cheshirepoliceband.co.uk)

15. woolly

woolly Member

Principal Cornet

Due to the decision of our long term Principal Cornet Paul Martin to move onto pastures new we are looking for someone to lead us at the Whit Fridays, concert venues and the Nationals at Harrogate this September on onto the third section in 2010.

Paul was a committed leader of the band and we would love to find someone of similar ilk to join our friendly and Concert orientated band

We rehearse just once weekly at Winsofrd Police HQ Mondays 7:30-9:30.

We are a band who is looking forward to playing great concerts at venues such as Chester Cathedral. The band has former players from Roberts Bakery, Point of Ayr, Wire Brass and BT amongst others and may suit a player who still perhaps wishes to play to a reasonably high standard but due to commitments cannot fulfil the two rehearsals a week.

visit our website for contact details www.cheshirepoliceband.co.uk

Thanks for looking, Dave

16. woolly

woolly Member

We are looking for a 2nd Euph to play at the Harrogate finals and beyond.The band is looking forward to continuing its steady improvement in standard over the next year. We are promoted third section from January and are planning a tour and possible CD recording in 2010.The band still only rehearses once a week (Mondays) at Winsford, yet we have achieved much in the past 18 months inspite of the lower rehearsal commitment. We are a very smart band that is committed to doing its best in all that it does. If someone would prefer to play solo Bari that positio can be available as our bari player (although she is really good on the instrument) would gladly swap and fill the Euph position if someone came along who wanted the position ( She just loves playing Euph!!) Regards Dave 0785 789 5674

17. woolly

woolly Member

We are seeking a BB Bass Player

BB Bass.... We have been looking for ages for a player to fill a vacant BB Bass position. It seems to be the one position that is hard to fill... is it just us????

We would really welcome a player to work along side Steve and complete our bass line up.

We are mainly a concert band and do not "Do " many contests. In fact in the two years since returning to contests we generally just appear at the Area, That said we have gained promotion to third section ( From January) and just gave a really good account of ourselves at Harrogate after qualifying for the finals at our second time of asking. Depending of course who you believe.... ( We have all heard it all before of course) we were unlucky not to feature higher than our eventual 6th. But that's contesting and we are the sort of band who accepts disappointment with good grace.

The band are due to move to Thursday night rehearsals ina few weeks, we generally only do one a week so it may suit someone who wants to play for a smart committed band but has gone past the days of regular commitment to two a week rehearsals.

We are a friendly band who have made real advances in the past two years and we have a busy 2010 planned with a CD and Tour in planning stage.

If interested or even just curious as to what we do please do give me a ring for our chat, Cheers Dave 0785 789 5674

18. eupho1

eupho1 Member

Hi Dave

How you doing these days

Steve Heywood ( euphonium )

19. woolly

woolly Member

SteveVERY long time no see.I am fine thanks, married two kids ( 9 & 5) and coming to the end of my time in the Police. Loving the band and working hard to make it more like it use to be in the old days ( and slowly getting there).How are you keeping, I presume as you are on this site that you are still playing?Who for and where abouts are you nowadays...I still keep in contact with a few from the old days, Geoff hall, Jim Genders, also Colin Stewart is very very ill indeed with kidney problems.... Hope you are well Dave

20. woolly

woolly Member

Tutti Cornet Bb Bass 2nd Euph - Cheshire Police band

We are looking for players to help us over a busy Christmas season with a view to possibly joining the band

We have several concerts including two high profile events at Chester Cathedral.

The band is an up and coming band promoted to 3rd section in only our second year back in the mix...but we have a variety of jobs and a confirmed 4 day tour to Germany in September 2010.. being a Police band it's also a little different although most of our players are not actually in the Police.

Cheers Dave

If your half tempted visit our web site at www.cheshirepoliceband.co.uk

Tel 0785 789 5674

21. woolly

woolly Member

Eb or Bb Bass.... We have been looking for ages for a player to fill a vacant BB (and now Eb) Bass position. It seems to be the one position that is hard to fill...We would really welcome a player to work along side Steve Day and complete our bass line up.

We are mainly a concert band and do not "Do " many contests. In fact in the two years since returning to contests we generally just appear at the Area, That said we have gained promotion to third section in 2010 and appeared at two consecutive harrogate finals. (not bad for a non contesting band). Last year we travelled to Germany to play at a large music festival and we will of course be out in Force (no pun intended) at this years Whit Friday.

The band rehearse once weekly on Thursday night 7.30-9.30 . We are a friendly band who have made real advances in the past two years and we have a busy 2011 planned.

We do have some changes in personel coming up this year due to two happy events ( two of our players are pregnant). This is on Horn and Euph so there may be other opportunities and like all bands we would never turn away good cornet players.

If interested or even just curious as to what we do please do give me a ring for a chat, Cheers Dave 0785 789 5674. Our Web site which has loads of other information , photos etc is www.cheshirepoliceband.co.uk

On a different tack if you are ex Military or cadet force and can play side drum our Corps of drums are always looking for new members.