Cheating at contests cont . .

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Splitzer, Oct 13, 2010.

1. jockinafrock

jockinafrock Active Member

Before someone whinges or tries to impart a holier-than-thou-attitude (can't think which 2 posters that would be :tongue:), and just to let everyone know BEFORE the Northwest area (you even know my band, so not hiding anything)..... MD has put 4 of my rep bars onto front row cornet. NOT because I can't play it, NOT because we're cheating, purely because he wants a brighter sound on those particular bars. No skin off my nose. Isn't it boring when we're upfront about things and don't try to stir the s**t, cast aspercions or make allude to things that may or may not have happened... :rolleyes:

2. Big - C

Big - C New Member

Ommmmm

3. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Active Member

Isn't it boring when we're upfront about things and don't try to stir the s**t, cast aspercions or make allude to things that may or may not have happened...

Yes.

Lets get back to the other stuff.

4. jockinafrock

You're not related to king bari's wizard of a messenger are you....? They can't cope with the truth either:rolleyes:

5. jockinafrock

And if you think about it this way - the players themselves don't cheat... they only do what the conductor's asked them to do. :rolleyes: On THEIR heads be it....

6. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

No, Bob's all right. Respect for the elderly!

7. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

At the risk of being hit with posts about Godwin's Law, "I was only following orders" was never a very good defence!

That said, I will freely admit to swapping about 5 lines at the end of Pag with the guy sat next to me, on our MD's suggestion. I couldn't wait to get rid of it though, so happy to do as I'm told :wink:

8. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

I''l let you know what we're "cheating" at on the basses when we start rehearsing it proper, although it's so cleverly written I doubt we'll do much other than what's on the part.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011