Cheap Glocks

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Band Lads Army, May 10, 2006.

1. Do these exist? I'm interested if there's anything out there , £100-150 tops which would actually be okay as a beginner glock player. I've seen a few things on some german sites and that , but they discuss alto glocks and soprano glocks etc..something I don't understand enough. I'm not bothered about the make ,as long as its got all the bars that'll do me .I'm not looking to be note shredding , just playing some simple stuff to get me into some tuned.

Thanks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    alto glocks
    soprano glocks
    things
    german sites
    beginner glock player
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I've seen some cheap ones on ebay before now.... may be worth checking it out.

4. tinytimp

tinytimp Member

Try Bell Percussion or JaM Percussion - they'd probably be able to advise you on different options. Or Elite Percussion have a For Sale/Wanted page - I know there was a glock on there not too long ago, may be worth a try to see if it's still there.

5. Di

Di Active Member

6. matthetimp

matthetimp Member

Why would you bother looking for a cheap glock? They don't sound very good and some can even damage your hearing due to the high pitched frequencies. Have a look on EBAY for a good 2nd hand premier glock. These are much better, but beware of the cases, they tend to brake easily.

7. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

What does it sound like Di? Is it in tune, either with itself or with anything else?!

(Why do they build glocks at A442, whereas all other instruments are at A440? Is it to make them sound awful? :confused: :mad: )

Also, are they narrow or wide keys?

8. Di

Di Active Member

Well, just for you Dave, I've hauled myself out of bed, trotted downstairs and set up the glock. At great risk to life and limb, (got people asleep here ;) ) I've had a bash with the tuner, and at 442 it's perfect.

They keys (and I'm not a percussiony person so I don't know if this is narrow or wide) are exactly 1 inch. :cool:

9. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Di, you are a saint amongst moderators! :biggrin:

P.S. 1" is fairly standard (a Premier glock I sometimes use is 1 1/12" wide) - I've just had to play on one at a gig this evening with keys about 3/4" wide - that was hard work! They weren't anchored properly either so hit them too hard and they bounced off! I'm glad it wasn't my glock!

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  10. Di

Di Active Member

Could you say that a little louder? :tongue:;)

Its been used with the B Band when the two bands have been out on the same day, and we've not had any complaints. :)

11. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    alto glocks
    soprano glocks
    things
    german sites
    beginner glock player