Chat shows

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Flutey, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Help me please everyone! I am currently writing a chat show for English about the issues raised in 'A Streetcar Named Desire'. Don't need any points specific to the storyline, but in your opinion, what makes a good chat show? Screaming fights or well-reasoned arguments?
    Thanks guys,
    Laura

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    everyone
    chat show
    arguments
  3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I hate chat shows with a passion. They are either full of talentless freaks trying to make themselves seem interesting by screaming at each other - the sort of people you would cross the road rather than go near - or they are Z-list celebrities who have just written a book / made a film / released a song and are trying to promote it with an obsequious host (and they don't get any more obsequious than Parky and Wossy) telling them how wonderful they are.

Sorry, that doesn't help you at all, but I thought I would share this with you! ;)

4. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Lovely and helpful, and also my opinion. But script writing when I want to say 'and this show is a load of rubbish so we'll end before even starting' wouldn't go down too well ;)

5. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I hate this kind of TV trash too, I avoid rubbish like Trisha at all costs, although I lived with just girls for a while so inevitably I ended up seeing some.

I just can't stand the fact that it's usually Shell-suite wearing super chavs and the stories are all either

'e's sleepin wiv anuvva *beeep* *beeeep* bu' I still *beep* luv im

or

I'm *beep* pregnant and I don't know 'oo the *beep* farva is an' e won't do a DNA test.

What kind of person actually goes on these programs?! I seem to remember a while ago rumours that some used actors, which isn't really that unbelieveble considering some of the stories!!

Apparantly my boss when I worked at Burger king :)oops: I was a student and needed the money) was on Trisha once, obviously I didn't watch it, I had better things to do with my daytimes, like sleep, drink and occasionally pop into uni! Apparantly he was on because he was a 'Himbo' (male bimbo?!) Personally I just thought he was gay, being the only bloke I've ever known that wears foundation and make-up on a daily basis!

Personally, I think that the only good chat show, is a cancelled one!

6. BigHorn

BigHorn Active Member

What do you mean by chat show? The Trisha/ Jerry Springer bun fight or the Parkinson/Johnathon Ross friendly chat.
    If its the former then your dialog should be hurled insults and sob stories.
    If its the latter then it should be based aroud humourous or unbelievable anecdotes of previous events.
    Don't think reasoned argument comes into any of these scenarios - unless its a news night type interview.

7. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

Um, How do you "write" a chat show?!

In my opinion it's straight talking, no- nonsense chat show host like Jermery Kyle who isn't afraid to tell their guests that they are a useless waste of space and damn stupid too!!

8. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

It's going to be a unique take on Jerry Springer! lol! Kelly- we 'write' it by preparing questions for the host to ask the characters, about how they feel in the situation etc. The host is simply there to guide the discussion and make sure it represents the themes of the play!