Charity scratch band concert - 5th August

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Claire, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Claire

Claire Member

Hi All,

I'm organising a scratch band in aid of The-Forget-Me-Not-Trust on Sunday 5th August at The Diggle Hotel in Saddleworth.

The concert starts at 2pm and the band will be made up of well-known players from bands including Hepworth, YBS, BT, Faireys, Pennine and more.

It would be great to see as many people as possible there to support this concert which is to raise money for this Huddersfield based charity.

Further details of the charity's work can be found here.

Claire Hudson.
    Hepworth Band.
  2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

There seems to be a problem with your link - I think you mean this instead ;)
  3. Claire

Claire Member

Cheers Dave.
  4. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Do we need tickets for this concert or is it pay on the door?
    Also, if you can create some directions or a map, I'll make sure our band are aware of it.

5. Claire

Claire Member

No tickets are needed. It's an outdoor concert very similar to the concerts at the Navi in Dobcross.

All money is raised via a collection tray at the end of the concert and a raffle.

I've found a map -

and the address is.. Diggle Hotel, Station Houses, Diggle, Saddleworth, Lancashire, OL3 5JZ

Thanks, Claire.
  6. Claire

Claire Member

Still in need of a couple of front and back row cornets if anyone would like to play?

Obviously, as it's a charity event no expenses can be paid.

Please private message me if you are interested.

Thanks, Claire.
  7. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

There will a few of us coming from Bollington Band - looking forward to it!
  8. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

Have you got any flyers for this? My friend has an equestrian and pet food store in Diggle and she'd be happy to have some of your flyers out in the shop if you've got some! Let me know if you want to do this!:)
  9. Claire

Claire Member

Just a quick update....

Full band now (I can relax!!) Bands invloved are ... Hepworth, B&R, Timperley, Sellers, YBS, Pemberton, Faireys, Lindley and Wingates.

I'm afraid I haven't got any flyers but I know there are some posters up and around the Saddleworth area.

There will also be a stall selling merchandise with the charity's logo on. Things such as pin badges, trolley coin keyrings, mugs, teddies and a cd that has just been made so bring a load of cash with you!

Thanks for all the interest, hope to see you all on Sunday.

10. Claire

Claire Member

It's sunny

Should be a good afternoon. :)
  11. Claire

Claire Member

Thanks to all those who played today and who came to support.

Was excellent to see such a large audience.

£700.00 was raised for a very worthwhile cause.

12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Really sorry I couldn't help out Claire, but glad it went well. :clap:
  13. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

A huge thanks must go to Claire for organising today. No mean feat trying to assemble a band especially in the middle of the summer holidays!

Well done girl!! I thought we blarted really well. Well me and you did, I couldn't hear Nige Fielding lol :biggrin: