Charity Concert - Besses o' th' Barn and Besses Boys Band

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by Maz, May 26, 2004.

1. Maz

Maz New Member

Teatime Concert for Cancer Research UK

with

Besses o' th' Barn Band
    Conducted by Jonathan Corry

and

Besses Boys Band
    Conducted by John North

Sunday 13th June 2004
    5pm
    Peel Hall, University of Salford

Tickets: £5.00
    (price includes Tea or Coffee and a Home-Made Cake or Biscuit :D )

ALL MONEY RAISED GOES TO CANCER RESEARCH UK

Some of you may already know (it's been in Brass Band World), I'm raising money for Cancer Research UK this year. In October I'm going to China to walk part of the Great Wall in October to raise some more money for them. Events so far have included a very successful concert with Salford University Big Band, shaving my head (number one all over - I'm very proud!), and Walking the West Highland Way at the end of June (92 miles from Glasgow to Fort William :shock: ).

The concert will include some classic band repertoire, lighter music and some film music. James Holt (1st bari for Besses Boys) and I will be performing a duet but please don't let that affect your decision as to whether you come to the concert or not....!!

Please support the concert - my mum is making the cakes and biscuits so you're guaranteed a good time! It's a great cause and the charity mean a lot to me.

Thanks

2. strongbow

strongbow Member

Sorry to use this thread but seems better than starting another one. Glossop Old Band will also be doing a concert on the 6th June 2004 in Glossop Bandroom starting at 8pm also for Cancer Research (Glossop local branch is organising it). Doors open at 7.30pm and entry fee is £3.

Can't match the tea and biscuits but there is ale on sale! :guiness

3. Lesley Richmond

Lesley Richmond New Member

Maz's Mum's Cakes

Her cakes are good!
    Lesley