Charity Christmas Concert in Glossop

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by foxyflug, Dec 27, 2003.

1. foxyflug

foxyflug Member

If you fancy a break from all the usual Christmas activities (over eating, over drinking, families etc etc etc) come up to Glossop Bandroom for All Star Brass on Sunday 28th December 2003.

All proceeds going to Ward 27 at Manchester Royal Infirmary (Where Phil Fox had his Bone Marrow Transplant and still receives treatment).

The band will be made up of members from Fairey, Fodens, Grimethorpe and will include some well known faces (and sounds!) such as Nick Hudson, Pete Christian and Mr McCann on principal cornet. The musical director for the evening is the fantastic Richard Evans.

Come and join us........its going to be good music making and more importantly great fun all in a good cause!!!!

Helen Fox
    Fodens Richardson Band
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

cooool, thats sounds great... Wish I could go, but I'm in Devon still :cry:
  3. Moy

Moy Active Member

Oh Helen you have no idea how much I would have loved to have played for Phil and yourself and or listened.
    Hope you had a good turn out you deserve it. :wink:
  4. foxyflug

foxyflug Member

Charity Christmas Concert at Glossop

We had a fab night!

We raised just short of £800.00..........Phil is at the hospital for a check up as I write, he will be delighted to hand over a cheque to Matron Murphy.

Thanks go to a very generous audience, but most of all to the band who gave their time and talents free of charge (some having driven long distances to play) and to the inimitable Mr Richard Evans who kept us all under control.......well most of the time anyway!

Thanks again, Phil and I appreciate everyone's support.

Helen Fox