Charismatic?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Brian Bowen, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Every time I read about or hear mention of Michael Garasi (Central Band of Florida) he's invariably described as "charismatic". Predictably, Frank Renton used it yet again on LTTB this evening. It seems someone (probably Renton) used it once, thought it sounded neat, and the adjective has subsequently stuck like an irritating piece of sticky paper. Is it Garasi's middle name, or something?:rolleyes:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    mention
    Renton
    Michael Garasi
    Central Band
    Florida
  3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I don't know if I can claim to have used it first, but it definitely appeared in my write-up from the Open in 2005 - and particularly the Sunday concert - and it does seem to sum up the impact he creates when he comes on stage. There is certainly something about him that goes beyond the mere mechanics of stick-waving and directing the band.

4. robcav

robcav Member

'charismatic' - from the latin 'charisma' meaning favour or grace, particularly a favour specially vouchsafed by God; a grace or a talent.
    I only cite this definition because the word seems to have developed over time to encompass that which relates to the spirit, aura or behaviour of a person's character rather than the fact that they have a talent.

5. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

Could be worse. They could go on and on about the fact he has a smile an alligator would be proud of...

Yawn

Igg

6. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

Actually, I thought "garasi" was Italian for "aligator smile"...I may be wrong ;-)