Changes on Top at Barnsley

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by andyfake, Sep 7, 2008.

1. andyfake

andyfake Member

Barnsley Building Society Brass Band have moved to strengthen their ranks with the signing of Andy Fake on soprano from the Kippax Band, while David Hirst moves to lend his talents to the front row.
    Andy was previously with the band from 2002-4, including a spell on principal cornet which led to National Finals qualification. Needless to say, the band are hoping for similar success in the near future.
    With another couple of players also due to return, the cornet section is rebuilding nicely, in the wake of James Grant's departure to take up the principal chair at the Yorkshire Imperial Band.

Attached Files:

2. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Very modestly put Andy
  3. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Dry Mr Butler.Dry!
  4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Good to see you back with the band Andy, best of luck.
  5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Well if you've got "It" flaunt it, but surely you have to have "It" to start with.
    He knows we're only jossing - ( aren't we ?)
    Modesty isn't a Sop thing, I mean, you've got to be "Puddled" to play it anyway !
    - Wilkie
  6. andyfake

andyfake Member

Nothing to flaunt Wilky - just one of those odd situations where to do your "other" job for the band you have to write about yourself!

I'm sure you'll appreciate, from the work I did for your band, that I'll be much more enthusiastic about the imminent announcements I'll be making concerning other signings!

Mind you, the band has got "it" in spades, which is why I've gone back there!!
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  7. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Yes Andy, I do understand, it was just my rough attempt at humour.

You pulled off some excellent performances with Kippax, and I personally wish you the very best of luck with your new outfit.

- Wilkie
    (Mostly retired)
  8. andyfake

andyfake Member

Cheers Wilky - a little bird told me you're not as retired as you once were and we might be hearing a rough attempt at bass playing again in the near future??
  9. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Tweet Tweet !
  10. steve butler

Aw c'mon Mr Wilx, spill the beans, which ranks will you be strengthening?
    Could you be wearing a "blue coat" in the near future :wink:
  11. andyfake

andyfake Member

Bluecoat? Aren't they the Pontins entertainers.......?
  12. steve butler

Theres no flies on you Andy :rolleyes: (or then again)
    You may call them entertainers, I certainly don't!