changes-i can't get my messages!

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by Rambo Chick, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

hi, this is to mods really. i got a private message alert on the old tMP but i cant access it and it says that i have no new messages on the new tMP. will i be able to retrieve this msg when the new tMP is up and running?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    tMP.
    new tMP
    new messages
    old tMP
  3. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Carolyn, if the message was sent to you, and you weren't over your limit, then it will have been ported with all the rest. As vBul uses a different system of alerting though, it's read/unread status will probably not have been ported.

Check your messages, and if it's not there, then it's likely been recalled by the sender prior to the porting excercise..

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I also seem to have lost all the messages - sent & received - under the old system ( together with most of my post count :twisted: )

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ummm - that's cos you're not using your 'proper' login name Peter. Log out, then log in as 'PeterBale' as opposed to 'tMP PeterBale' and you'll have your thousands of posts back! ;)

6. PeterBale

Thanks dyl - not sure how that happened, though, as I hadn't logged in at all, unless it had picked up a log-in from the test forum instead.

7. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

... hehe, good to see you back at the helm of the post count though Peter...:)

8. PeterBale

Even if I've now lost my avatar!

(also, I sem to have lost all the smilies when replying to or quoting from a posting!)

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Ok, shall look in to it for you. Sheesh... can't get decent mods these days eh...:):)

10. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Check to see if they're enabled/visible in user CP... then you might need to reset session cookies...

Anyway Carolyn - we're really on your topic..
    Ignore us - we mods don't get out often...