Changes for the worst??

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nuke, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Whilst shopping in ASDA I noticed they have changed the type of pasta that they decided to use in there boxed Italian pasta salad from little shells to little cylindrical pasta. Being as it is my favourite food product i bought some anyways and took it home hoping that they hadnt messed it up, but after taking a few mouthfuls it has to be the single worst pasta id ever tasted. Needless to say it went straight in the bin.
    My question is, is there anything youve ever come across thats changed and then been worse after changing. Not nescesarilly food just in general.
  2. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Also changing from any instrument to agree to play percussion was the single worst move i made in my life.
  3. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Well our student union has just started (finally) to have rotating, week by week, real ales on tap.
    So i thought one night i would change from my usual pint of guinness to the first real ale which happened to be an ale (i'd never heard of) called 1744 (must be a rip off of 1664!)

Anyway to cut a long story short it was god damn awful! Blandest pint i ever did taste! Be warned...dont drink it its filth!

Guinness all the way for me! :D :guiness
  4. Betty

Betty New Member

Bisto gravy granules, new and improved the packaging says....dont you believe it, it lumps everytime and I have tried everything, worst of it is they lumps look like blood clots and that is not what you want to see on your sunday roast, and I bought it on a 3 for 2 offer at Morrisons so many more lumps to go yet, take my advice and go for another brand.
  5. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

They changed Daddy's tomato sauce a couple of years, ago, and now it tastes too fruity :(
  6. The Cornet King

Yuk! :? Thanks for the advice Betty! All the worse as i have 3/4 of a tub of granules in my cupboard! :cry:
  7. NeilW

NeilW Member

There was the Coke / New Coke / Classic Coke fiasco a few years back...

Then of course there's the instruments that are produced just before a "new improved" range is launched (thin metal and out of tune - anyone else remember the last Imperial Euphs of the early 1970s they were dreadful and then miraculously Sovereigns were launched....)

PS "New Labour"??? :twisted:
  8. The Cornet King

Exactly mate. I believe 20 years ago the same policies would have been called "Thatcherism"!!!
  9. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Coco-Pops! I used to love them but then they tripled the cocoa in them and now they're far to sickly to eat first thing in the morning. :cry:
  10. Di

Di Active Member

EVERYONE now seems to only sell bacon "rindless". Not fair. :cry: :cry:
  11. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

ok... a now VERY extremly blonde, drummer moment....
    but what is NON-rindless bacon then :? :oops:

12. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Its bacon without the rind on it
  13. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Sorry bacon with the rind on
  14. Naomi McFadyen

Riiiiiiiiiight, NOW i understand! :lol:

15. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

i dont know what rind is so dont ask me that one
  16. The Cornet King

Isn't the rind just the fat?
    Or am i way off? :?
  17. Naomi McFadyen

yea... but it's RIND bacon, isnt it!!! :lol:
    fat with the bacon!

18. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

The rind is the outside part - from the skin of the pig, and with a decent slice of bacon (not the wafer-thin bits they try to palm us off with these days :twisted: ) it's definitely the best bit :wink:

As I've said before, it annoys me when one minute they're advertising their product as "The best ever . . . " and the next week they come up with something that is supposed to be "New, improved . . ."

Worst one for me is when they change the taste of your favourite toothpaste, and it always seems to take ages to get used to the new one :shock:
  19. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

Beckham for Kleberson.
    Definite change for the worse.
  20. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Bus lane on the M4 - what is all that about :x :x :x
    London congestion charge - yet another tax :x :x :x