Championship/1st Section Band Required

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Nigel Hall, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

[Mods: Not sure if this is the right place to put this - if not please feel free to move it!]

I am looking for a Championship or 1st section band who would be willing to record three 3rd/4th section testpieces for me (ideally before the end of the year). Location isn't too much of a problem (although Scotland might be!), all I ask is that you have access to a reasonable recording venue.

Unfortunately there won't be any hard cash involved but we can come to an agreement about a batch of free music from our catalogue.

If this is of interest, or you want some more details please feel free to PM me, email me at nigel@mmimusic.co.uk or phone 07751 622780.

Thanks.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    1st Section Band
    Scotland
    section band
    section testpieces
    Championship
  3. Nigel Hall

I'm still in the market for a band - So if your band is looking for a project to take your mind off of Christmas, please get in touch.

4. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

I think that might be the problem Nigel. Not many bands have access to this kind of facility without having to lay out cash to hire a suitable venue. But good luck anyway it seems an interesting project.

5. Nigel Hall

Yes, I appreciate that Susan - all I am trying to avoid is a venue that is susceptable to outside noise(traffic etc), if a band has a rehearsal room in a quiet location with reasonable acoustics and a seperate room (ideally) for the recording engineer then that would be fine.

6. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

I haven't found one yet that - in terms of recording acoustics - is anywhere near what your engineer would ideally want (although I'm sure they might exist!). Rehearsal and recording acoustics are really two different things, although I guess this is for a sampler CD (?) so it might not be that important. You can of course fiddle 'in the box' but it's never the same as recording in an average to room.

I'd look at implementing a small budget - depending what you're looking for even £100 can be well spent...

Good luck in finding someone / somewhere ;)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006