Champ standard cornet player seeks band in West Yorks

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by CornetWestYorks, Oct 30, 2008.

1. CornetWestYorks

CornetWestYorks New Member

Hi all.

I have played front row with Champ section bands including YBS, Sellers, in West Yorks, as well as lower section bands.

I stopped playing due to work commitment but have now freed up time to start playing again.

I am looking to join a lower section band, ideally on Princp. in West Yorkshire, and get my lip in again - as I don't have time to commit to top level banding.

Drop me a message if any interest, I'm based Leeds area.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    West Yorks Hi
    YBS
    West Yorkshire
    Sellers
    Champ section bands including YBS
  3. samandy

samandy Member

Elland Silver Band

Hi there

Elland Silver Band will be competing in the 2nd Section from January 2009. We currently have a vacancy for an assistant principal cornet. We are a progressive but friendly band eager to succeed conducted by Phil Shaw (former Black Dyke and YBS cornet player).

Rehearsals are Monday and Thursday evenings 8.00 - 9.45pm in our own bandroom in Elland, 5mins from J24 M62.

You would be most welcome to come along to a rehearsal and meet us.

Please visit our website to read more about our organisation and achievements or if you would like further details please PM me or ring me 07940 5252837.

Thanks

Sam Harrison
    Principal Cornet
    Elland Silver Band

4. adrian90s

adrian90s Member

Cornet

Hi,

Try Yorkshire Imps, we are not a busy outfit but are ambitious with contests coming up at the Scottish open then Butlins next year. We are a welcoming bunch and would welcome some experience. We are based in Methley, Leeds.

Find our number at:

www.yorkshireimps.co.uk

Regards

Adrian Nurney (solo Euph.)

5. nicola_bentham

nicola_bentham New Member

Hi the skelmersdale prize band are activly seeking a good principle cornet to assist a very young front row. The band has turned a very dark corner and is now moving back up the gradings currently second section locally third nat. it does say a yorkshire band and this is north west near wigan but if intrested call 07743646367 or send me a email at skelmersdaleprizeband@hotmail.co.uk

6. huggie

huggie Member

Hi

Frickley South Elmsall are looking to strengthen the cornet section. We are a friendly secend section band with a fair mix of youth and experience. Like yourself, some of us have played at the top level but can no longer commit at this level.

7. numptycornet

numptycornet Member

Wetherby Silver Band need a front row cornet.
    We are competing in the 3rd section Yorkshire Area from January and practice Tuesday and Friday nights.

Please pm me if interested or check out the website and get in touch.

www.silverband.wetherbycommunity.org/

cheers
    Julia

8. Bobbitone

Bobbitone New Member

Dodworth Colliery are looking for a principal Cornet - we're 2nd section 2 mins from junction37 M1.

9. hornsrus

hornsrus Member

Hi there,
    Oughtibridge are looking for a principal cornet player, we're third section at the mo but really want to move forward, we are based in north Sheffield so not too far away! We are a friendly lot and you would be more than welcome down!!

Either pm me (Sarah) or call John Linton on 07900 487562

Look forward to hearing from you

10. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Hi there,
    Emley Brass Band, Yorkshire 3rd Section, based between Huddersfield and Wakefield, are looking for a Principal Cornet. I'm the pc at the moment but have been looking to move off the seat for yonks so if you want it and you're good enough and committed enough the seat's gladly yours.

We have a great band room atmosphere, a really varied and entertaining repertoire of music, and are current Pogson Bray Section B, Easingwold March 3rd Section and Wychavon Entertainment Contest 3 rd Section Champions. We came 4th at the last 3rd Section Area contest and more recently 3rd in Class B at Malton Entertainment Contest.

We rehearse Mondays and Wednesdays 8 - 9:45, the pub across the road looks after us really well with great ale and free butties, and the playing and social sides of the band are excellent.

You're more than welcome to come along for a blow to see if you like it/we like you. Contact me anytime if you're at all interested.

Cheers. :tup