Challenge Cup: Saints v Huddersfield

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy Moore, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

Ooh 2 days to go, am i the only one who cares about it, or are there people who like rugby ? ? ?

yeah . . . saints'll win no probs 8)

2. Heather

Heather Member

Love it!!!!
    Unfortunately, I have to admit to being a Swinton fan but then someone has to be.
    Good luck to Saints in the semi!

3. lottie4744

lottie4744 Member

Saints should walk through it no problem!

4. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

saints should win without a doubt!

5. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

I'm torn. It's always nice to see St Helens getting beaten, but especially when it's the mighty WIGAN dishing out the punishment. So which would be better, seeing the scouse enemy knocked out by Huddersfield or doing it ourselves in the final?

Tough call. Leave it with me.

D

6. drummergurl

ha the wigan that were beaten by huddersfield! thats a laugh!
    final should be good though (hoping we get to it!)

7. Straightmute

Thanks DG, you're a star - you've solved my dilemma. If Huddersfield get through to the finals I can see St Helens getting beaten AND enjoy seeing sweet justice being done in the final.

Come on you Far Towners!!!

D

8. drummergurl

pleasure although were not like wigan, we actually have some consistensy in our playing, and at last check saints are 2nd in the table and wigan are, 9th!! and going back to consistency, to stay consistent we will beat huddersfield and see u in the final probably, although if we dont win i would hate to see you lose to huddersfield AGAIN!

9. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

Does "Giants 36 - 22 Saints" mean anything to you?

Does "unbeaten by Saints since 11 October 2002" mean anything to you also?

Does "Most Successful Rugby League Club EVER" mean anything to you as well?

And finally does "Terry Newton, Andy Farrell, Danny Orr and Adrian Lam" indicate to you that this is NOT going to be your year?

It's going to be another Challenge Cup under our belts, I feel. :)

10. Straightmute

I wouldn't put money on that! :roll:

D

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Saints
    Huddersfield Ooh
    Challenge Cup
    Saints v Huddersfield
    people
  12. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

COME ON THE GIANTS!!

13. Andy Moore

Andy Moore Member

We'll see . . . with a bit of luck longy won't be playing, that'll give us a good chance

14. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

aww fishta, i've been missng your posts about saints!

by the way. the unbeaten by saints since october 2002 will make beating you in the final an even more sweat victory!

15. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

neither would I :S

16. markyboy

markyboy Member

Cant say I know much about Rugby League but I'd love to see Huddersfield get to the final.
    Our local football team are doing pretty well too, it would be a great double if they can hang on to third spot in Division Three and get promoted straight back up.
    GOOD LUCK HUDDERSFIELD!!
    In fact, I've just thaught if YBS win the European a great TRIPLE for the town.

17. Nuke

Nuke Active Member

Well having just watched the first 20 minutes of the game i say St Helens. three tries already without reply and Huddersfield have had no possession really. Although i would like to see Huddersfield win
    Hudds 0 - 16 St Helens

role on the next twenty minutes

18. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Oh bummer! :cry:

46-6 to the lancastrian lot! :x

Never mind...Giants for the play offs! :D

19. IcklePablo

IcklePablo Member

"c'mon u saints, c'mon u saints"

20. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

And I've been missing the chance to take the mick out of your choice in Rugby League teams as well as your terrible spelling!

1) It's FishSta.

2) A "Sweat" victory? Are you saying you will smell bad?

I heard the Saints fans singing "Are you watching" to us Wiganers... today Lancashire's best Rugby League team showed their class in a demolition job on London.

Look at it man for man in the key player departments:

1) Full Back: GB Full back Kris Radlinski vs. Paul Wellens.
    No contest. Sun in your eyes? Not a problem for our Kris. Wellens is never going to make it into the GB squad, because there's Briscoe and Reardon who are a damn sight better than him who will have to slug it out for the position.

6) Stand-off: Danny Orr vs. Jason Hooper.
    Again, no contest. Remember when Danny Orr brought Yorkshire back from 30-0 down in the first half against Lancashire to 30-30 virtually on his own? We've got that man, we have.

7) Scrum-half: Adrian Lam vs. Sean Long
    Lam is pure class, Long is pure blood clot.

9) Hooker: Terry Newton vs. Kieron Cunninghamburger
    Quite amusingly, every time the "battle of the hookers" is mentioned, Newton plays Cunningham off the pitch. Remember the CC final in 2002? Was Cunningham (or Long for that matter) even on the pitch? No-one noticed.

13) Loose Forward: Andrew Farrell vs. Paul "High Shot" Sculthorpe.
    The two contenders for the GB captain's job have a lot to prove. Andy Farrell, the best kicker in last year's Super League, against a man who constantly puts high tackles in, which is doubly funny when Moaning Millward berates Wigan for THEIR tackling. Sculthorpe... not fit to lace Farrell's boots.

The Good Friday match demonstrated to excellent effect how Millward had the whole thing the wrong way round. If you had to make a team up out of high-tacklers, Saints could provide every position, most of which would be held by current players. It'd be a tough call for the props, though... Nickle, Matautia or Joynt? I'd say Matautia and Joynt would be the most proficient of the high tacklers there.

By all rights, an under-strength Wigan pulled off a draw against a full-strength Saints side. With Lam back in the fold, that little square of Newton, Lam, Farrell and Orr should play you off the pitch.

I look forward to seeing that grin on the other side of your face after the final.

Ah, debating. I love it. ;)

21. drummergurl

u havent half got some harsh words!! and i must say who was rated the worlds best hooker??? ooooo let me see keiron cunningham! i havent seen ur man wots his name terry newt, whens he been classed as the worlds best hooker???

oh and get some lessons in maths, the number system goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. got it??

lam is injured, long isnt. get ur facts right, it seems to me that lam is the bloodclot and long is class.

oh and andy "is a ****er" farrell, im sure he started the fight in the last match with saints. and farrell hasnt been man of steel about 5 times in a row that i know of, so, i think sculthorpe is a better player. and guess what, saints are the better team overall, i mean look at this season, who was BEATEN by HUDDERSFIELD???? WIGAN!!!!! who did ST HELENS BEAT today very convincingly??? HUDDERSFIELD!!! where are wigan in the table??? 9th. where are saints??? 2nd

i rest my case in that st helens are in fact the better team

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Saints
    Huddersfield Ooh
    Challenge Cup
    Saints v Huddersfield
    people