Central locking...help!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Dec 1, 2004.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

i thought there has to be someone on here thats knows more than me about cars (which doesnt really take much!)
    so this morning i drove to college quite happily (didnt have a problem getting into my car!) then when we all got out the car and tried to lock it (not the press the button cental locking but the put the key in the door and it locks every door locking!) turned the key and it made a really wierd nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn noise for a while then eventually locked. tried to unlock it and it did the same nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn (with some clicking noises!) and then eventually unlocked. we think the noise is only along the drivers side (mainly near the tank) but apart from that i dont know whats going on!!

anyone had their central locking go wrong? or know what i should do?!
    Help! got my grade 7 in a few hours and really need my car to be working properly!!

ps- its a 306 if thats any help!
  2. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Yeah I know what's wrong......your central lockings b******d! Seriously though, it could be because your battery is getting low. Happened to mine last week after I left interior light on all night :oops: doh!
  3. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Ha ha I just noticed that ^^^^ was my 306th post.... and it was about your 306! How weird! (How easily pleased I am :oops: :rolleyes: )
  4. sugarandspice

i havent left any lights on!

nooo! i dont want my central locking to go wrong! clutch is about to go too! just before xmas! typical
    how come when it was my parents car everything was perfect and nothing went wrong, and now its my car it has a dent...needs a new clutch...and apparently now needs new central locking. its not fair!!
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:-? sounds to me it's a heap of junk you have there... :lol:

Take it to a garage and get it sorted!
  6. sugarandspice

thats the thing tho, its a lush car! which is why i dont like to see it poorly sick!
  7. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Have you tried locking the car with any of the other door locks, say the passenger or boot?. Had a problem recently were it was not the central locking but just one isolated door lock - not as expensive to sort. If you can use other doors and they lock OK then you can isolate the problem to the defective lock only.
  8. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

And who's fault is that?!
  9. TomG

TomG New Member

I had a similar problem in my fiesta, it's probably just one lock that's broken, and it could be something simple as it needing a bit of oil, or a cable that's got trapped. I wouldn't take it to a main dealer unless you really really trust them as you're likely to get charged for things you don't need. You'd be best off going to a small garage you know and trust. OK, not everyone knows such places, but they're around still and well worth hunting down.
  10. TuTuKu

TuTuKu Active Member

Exactly the same thing happened to my 106! When it was mum's she had it for 10 years without anything go wrong.. as soon as it was passed down to me.. a dint appeared in the bonnet (oops! was other driver's fault.. honest!) steering goes dodgy... electrics fail... won;t start in cold mornings.. need new tyres... argh! At least i'm not modern enough to have central locking!

I feel your pain!