Celebrations and Goodbyes at Frickley South Elmsall‏

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by alibaba, Mar 17, 2011.

1. alibaba

alibaba Member

Fresh from achieving 4th place in their first ever appearance in the Yorkshire 1st section, Frickley South Elmsall Brass Band would like to publically thank everyone who have sent congratulations and best wishes.

After an intensive rehearsal schedule, the band can proudly reflect on successfully making the step up from the 2nd section.

Sadly the contest was to mark the retirement of two longstanding and committed players, Dave Baxter on Eb bass and Lewis Peniluna on 2nd Baritone.

Dave in particular has notched up 30 years of service to Frickley after successful stints during the 1960's and 1970's with Morris Motors and Carlton Main Frickley.

The Band would like to thank Dave for his loyalty, dedication and tireless organisation, especially during his spell as band secretary.

Dave now plans to enjoy a long retirement travelling and exploring the wonders of the world.

Also moving on to pastures new is the bands solo Euphonium player Jolyeon Stead, who has decided to join Hammonds Saltaire.
    Jolyeon has always played to a consistantly high standard, but will be remembered for saving his best for last with a memorable performance on Le Carnival Romain.
    Sadly the band acknowledged that the distance Jolyeon was travelling to band was becoming too much and was the main factor in his decision to join his local band, Hammonds Saltaire.
    We wish Jolyeon ever success with his future playing career.

Anyone wishing to fill these positions and be part of a new exciting chapter with Frickley can apply in confidence to:

Simon Sanderson
    Mob: 07833 431670
    Email: simon_sanderson@hotmail.co.uk

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Frickley South Elmsall
    everyone
    1st section
    Jolyeon Stead
    players
  3. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

4. midnight_euph

midnight_euph Member

Good fortune to both!

I don't know them, but apparently Les (my husband who used to be in Carlton Main Frickley before joining Desford, does/did).

5. agentorange

agentorange Member

Best wishes to both Dave and Lewis, enjoy your retirement gentlemen.

6. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Here here. I had the honor of sitting next to Dave for 6 years. He took me under his wing and taught me a lot about music, banding and life in general.

Enjoy your retirement sir and I look forward to hearing the tales of your worldly wanders.