'Celeb' anagram quiz

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave Payn, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

All well known people this time. (For one reason or another!) Clues are supplied as well as letters per name. Once all solved, the initial letters of their Christian names when un-jumbled, will reveal another celeb rarely out of the news. PM me with your answers, please. Deadline will depend on how many answers I get! ;-)

p.s. Unless 'former' is included in the clue, you can assume that the person/s concerned are still very active in their profession!

Bon chance!

New wives’ devotion (8, 8 ) – fashion designer
    Based on animal (5, 3, 5) – terror leader
    Legal bits (4, 5) Computer supremo
    Writes good (5, 5) – Golfer
    Indict, as in human (4, 6, 5) – Former political leader
    Lax ref? Us gone! (4, 8 ) – Football manager
    Big melons (3, 6) – Actor turned director/producer
    Kinky even den (5, 7) - Former soap actor
    Can I act? Er, no. (4, 7) Former footballer
    The choral crutch (9, 6) Child prodigy musician
    Harms a dolphin (6, 7) Suspended doctor…
    Has lean rear (4, 7) Footballer
    Liven land (4, 5) Former tennis player
    Dirty wheelchair (7, 8 ) Game show presenter
    Car ran T-shirt (5, 7) Another game show presenter

2. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

wow ive set a personal record out of 4 that ive looked at so far ive already got 2!!!!

3. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

Much easier than usual Dave. It's the busiest I have looked all day!!! I suppose I should actually get some work done now!

4. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I rather hoped that would be the case, to encourage more people to enter! ;-)

5. Ann-Marie

Ann-Marie Member

Well, the easier the better for me! :roll:

What about one with names of rock/pop bands with an indication of what decade they are in?? Or possibly one with job titles so I can pick a new one from it when it is pointed out to me that anagram solving is not part of the job description!!!!!

Off topic I know here - but have you had any luck yet finding a band in Scotland?

6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Must get back to someone who sent me an email! Thank you for reminding me! Possibility of helping an ex youth band (now re-formed) in Glasgow.

Cheers and thank you for asking!

Dave

7. Di

Di Active Member

All Done!

Edit: Answers deleted! Please pm Dave with the answers in future! :wink: I've forwarded these ones on to him for you! (dyl)

8. Di B

Di B Member

Any chance of deleting the post with the answers on?

I was going to have a bash at that but now I know the answers! :cry:

9. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Re: All Done!

Dinie, Dinie, Dinie, Dinie (Batmaaaaan - Neal Hefti's got a lot to answer for!)..... Looks like I'd better do another one now. I did ask for PM'ed answers... honest! :?

10. Di

Di Active Member

Dave et al

Really really sorry. Have had a real really bad afternoon :cry: with a certain nasty little problem and then I came on to tMP and found the quiz and thought "oh great a bit of light relief". I had written all the answers into a word file, copied them and in a moment of rush, just as hubby was walking through the door to help solve the afternoons problems, pasted them into "reply" instead of PM. :oops: :oops:

Truly sorry. :cry: :cry:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Lax
    Christian
    Bon
    Celeb
    Game
  12. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

looks like they were deleted pretty quickly Dinie (ta Dyl!) so don't worry!
    Shame you didn't post the answers for the last username quiz instead - I'm still totaly stuck on 4 of them! :evil: :lol:

13. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I can't enter this one, as I saw the complete answers when I still had a couple to get :oops:

At least I'm still ahead of you on the other one, as there were only three I couldn't work out - sent Dave an incomplete response as I'm away over Easter :!:

14. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Who's Al?

No worries Dinie. It's a fun quiz! :) (Is there an emoticon for a big hug?)

In any case, you got 'em all right. As per usual! :wink: :lol:

15. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Dinnie, if it's any consolation i did exactly the same as you, but luckily i realised what i'd done straight away and deleted it before anyone had chance to notice.
    It's easily done, (especially when you should be working and trying to do it on the sly, if you catch my drift!!!)

Well done Dave for keeping us all entertained.

16. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Sometimes I manage to do that inadvertently........... :oops:

17. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Whoever Al was, you must have been very hungry to want to eat him :shock: :wink: :lol:

18. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Reminds me of an old cannibal joke, but it's too rude to put on here..... :twisted:

19. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

:roll: :lol:

20. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for keeping my brain occupied whilst doing a very tedious job at work this morning! :lol:
    Took me ages to get the first one, then felt like kicking myself when I finally did! :p

21. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

took me ages to get the former political leader but i only worked it out coz id already got the rest of them and worked out the celeb they make and then gettin the letter that was missing and eventually thought of all the political leaders with the 1st name begging with the letter * and eventually got it

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Lax
    Christian
    Bon
    Celeb
    Game