CD of the Year - anyone got it?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by James Yelland, Dec 29, 2015.

1. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

Good to see that Tredegar's Dark Arteries CD got the 2015 CD of the Year from 4BR, BBW and British Bandsman - but did anyone get a copy of it in their Xmas stocking? I can't find it for sale anywhere.

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I think there were a few delays before Christmas. You can order it through the band's website: Music - Tredegar Town Band

3. midlandman

midlandman Member

Does that mean the 2015 CD won't be released till 2016?

4. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I haven't seen it available yet and was surprised to see that it had won on that basis alone. I have no doubt that it's well deserved and will look forward to getting it in due course.

5. John Brooks

Interesting this. Although as you say Peter it's on their website, it's listed as available for pre-order only. It appears that this CD should qualify for consideration for the 2016 award and that the 2015 runner-up should get the award for last year.

6. I ordered this CD in early November when it was first advertised and reviewed in Brass Band World magazine as their CD of the Year 2015! An email to the Tredegar band's webmaster a week ago hasn't brought a response yet though, which is frustrating because I would rather like to hear the music. On the plus side, my cheque hasn't been cashed, but it's only good for six months!

I know the title of CD of the Year 2015 is only a bit of fun, but all the same, the runners-up might justifiably feel aggrieved that their CDs which have been freely available in 2015 have been beaten into second place by a recording which is still unavailable two weeks into 2016.

7. tallyman

tallyman Member

It's not been released yet, but is it really that much of a surprise that it won an award for which it did not qualify. I'm sure the 4br/Iwan fox/Tredegar connection had nothing to do with it.

Leveridge96 and stevetrom like this.
  8. John Brooks

CD of the Year only fun!! I thought it was the brass band equivalent of an Oscar ;). I agree with Alec, I want to hear the music, that's the important point.

9. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

10. John Brooks

Great. Just ordered and now I'll wait (im)patiently for it to arrive.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    4BR
    British
    Tredegar
    Dark Arteries CD
    BBW