CD Essential Dyke Volume 7

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by WorldofBrass.com, Feb 23, 2007.

1. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Essential Dyke Volume VII is the latest in the series of 'Essential' recordings from the most famous brass band in the world, Black Dyke Band.

Included is the band's winning performance of Vienna Nights by Philip Wilby from the British Open Brass Band Championships 2006.

This CD is not officially launched until 3rd March but, as the stock has arrived, we've made it available now!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Essential Dyke Volume 7
    Black Dyke Band
    CD
    Essential
    Dyke Volume VII
  3. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

That track list is amazing! Five of my favourite pieces on one CD! I'll be buying this! :biggrin:

4. Texus

Texus Member

That really is a fantastic set list. A great series of issues combining fluff stuff with test pieces. Marvellous!

5. andy;-)

andy;-) Member

It might be available but I ordered it 10 days ago and have heard nothing! would have been quicker to pick it up at Bradford last Sunday.

Next time I will use a more reliable supplier!!!!!

6. ISBBBb2

ISBBBb2 Member

such as?

7. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

Yep, fair point.
    Apologies for this.
    We were supposed to have received a quantity direct to our shop in London at the end of February but, in the midst of the upheaval due to the relocation of our warehouse and admin. functions, the shop delivery went direct to the warehouse instead.

If you tell me who you are, I'll be able to tell you if your order has been sent or not as we posted masses of Essential Dyke Volume VII orders yesterday.

8. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Maybe 4 bars rest. Works out cheaper too as no postage cost!

9. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

^^ And next day delivery most times!

Not dishing World of Brass there, I tend to split my orders between them and 4brs to give each of them a good turn, as they both do a good job!

10. andy;-)

andy;-) Member

CD's arrived this morning - sorry for the rant but a pile of DVD's came half way round the world quicker than a couple of CD's from London and they were ordered within 1 hour of each other .

11. ISBBBb2

ISBBBb2 Member

ANd what do we think of the CD? I got my copy yesterday as i get to pop into SP&S before rehearsal. Broadbents arrangement of "Music" is pretty awesome stuff! Heard the band at Morley town hall play this, big BIG showcase of that dyke sound!!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Essential Dyke Volume 7
    Black Dyke Band
    CD
    Essential
    Dyke Volume VII
  13. Also you can save a pound just for buying a couple of cd's when it suggests a partner.

14. I saw Music at the Open Gala and I loved it. It just seemed to get better and better and it was just a wall of sound , but an inviting wall :biggrin::clap:

15. L J

L J Member

I too had ordered this, however knew that WoB were moving near the end of February and you just don't close the suitcase at London and open it at Wellingborough and pull out a new CD to ship out, especially when the demand seems fairly heavy for this CD.
    BD didn't even have it on their site as available when I ordered.
    BTW, we do have it tough here in Canada. CD costs say 12.95 which adds up to $31.00 CDN. Then theres the shipping of 2.50 GB - another $6.00 Cdn.
    All depends on the Customs inspector and if my packet is opened, automatic 5.00 for the Cdn Postal Sevice plus Duty and Taxes for a min total of 8.00.
    My CD ends up costing me $45.00 Cdn.
    No wonder I am broke!
    what does it cost to get this type of CD based on the cost shown above at 12.95 GB in other countries and territories?

16. L J

L J Member

Waiting for BD 7

Wish it were I, but sorry that it isn't. Sure do get excellent service from this group though. Can't be beat when you get your order straight.
    They have done well under the present administration of Mr Caffull and his bunch of who are very accomodating and customer service oriented.
    Sure is a change from the past to say the least

17. Veri

Veri Member

Yes, I heard that too - was fantastic.
    I'm really looking forward to hearing Where Eagles Sing which they played on LTTB the other night, and which several bands played at Butlins, oh, and Vienna nights too.
    I think I will have to hold on until Stevenage though in 8 days time....

18. Anyone got any reviews of the cd? Like quality, is it the best Essential Dyke etc etc etc ! I found essential dyke 6 ok but not all of it was recorded specifically for that cd and there were only 1 or 2 tracks which were really worth listening to unless you were just interested to hear the Dyke reunion band..

19. Veri

Veri Member

About half of the cd is absolutely excellent: especially Vienna nights (the reason I bought it), and Where Eagles Dare, and the baritone solo. Richard Marshall and the bass solo are also good. But, the rest of it is mainly crowd pleasers. It annoys me a bit that I had to spend £13.95 to get a recording of Vienna Nights, and that the rest of the cd is made up with "favourite requests" style material - I want 4 or 5 testpieces for my money! Am I alone in thinking this?

20. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

I think you meant " Where Eagles Sing"! Not sure we need 4 or 5 test pieces on this type of cd. They are supposed to represent what you would hear at a typical concert and that is just what they do. Having said that, I partly agree in that we didn't need another recording of Riverdance and Music. Also not convinnced by Yellow Submarine (no offence Mr Fernie).

One last point, the programme notes refer to Mozart dying in 1891! :eek: That would make him 136 then and he never wrote a thing after his 36th year. Such a shame.

21. ISBBBb2

ISBBBb2 Member

A golden year contains a CD full of test pieces. Far too heavy listening for one go but im sure you will love it. For me ess.7 is a well balanced CD of listenable entertaining music. Hey thats life! :)

22. Veri

Veri Member

Yes, I already own that :D , it's a cracking cd. I think I wanted another one like that!