Cawston Band - Norfolk - Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Chunky, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Cornet player required for Cawston Band

Edit: Current vacancies towards the end of the thread

Norwich based 2nd section Cawston Band have an immediate vacancy for a cornet player (front or back row)

The band rehearse in excellent facilities (including bar) on a Monday and Wednesday evening from 8 - 10 pm.

The succesful applicant would be joining a well established band who have very well attended rehearsals and a varied diary of engagements.

Please apply in first instance in confidence to Ian Clarke on 01263 733781 or via email

For more information about the band visit
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
  2. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Repiano and or Solo Cornet required - Norfolk

Cawston Band a Norwich based 2nd section band have an immediate vacancy for either / or a Repiano cornet and solo cornet player.

If you are looking to join a friendly progressive band with a full diary of concerts and a tour to Germany next year then please apply in confidence via my details below.
  3. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Bass player(s) required - Norfolk

The Cawston Band are currently looking for new bass players 1 x Eb and 1 x Bb.

We are a 2nd section band with a busy engagement schedule and a tour booked to Germany in August of next year.

Rumoured to be probably the best 2nd section band named Cawston in the whole world, a good time both musically and socially awaits you bass players.

In the first instance please contact Ian Clarke, Chairman via or via our website
  4. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Trombone players required - Norwich

The Cawston Band (2nd section) are looking for a new bass and or solo trombone player.

Interested players looking to join a friendly band with well attended rehearsals, varied engagements and a planned tour to Germany in 2005, should in the first instance call Ian Clarke on 01263 733781.
  5. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Norwich based band seeks players

Norwich based 2nd section Cawston Band seek additional players in all sections.

Rehearsing twice weekly on a Monday and Wednesday evening from 8-10pm we are looking for players with drive and commitment to continue taking the band forward.

The band has been well established for many years and players enjoy a relaxed friendly playing atmosphere while still working hard to achieve progression and stability not just in the contest arena but also the concert platform.

Having just completed an overseas tour and plans next year to record our second cd why contact in the first instance Ian Clarke on 07780 920115 or via email chairman@cawstonband to find out more about us.
  6. Melph

Melph Member

I would love to join the band but feel the commute from Geneva may inhibit my commitment to only two rehersals a week and Saturdays and Sundays. Will that be ok with you.
  7. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Norfolk band seeks players in all positions

Are you a brass player looking for that special relationship?

If so we are looking for you, we are:

Norwich based 2nd section nationally graded band, Cawston are looking to expand in all areas of the band. With a good range of engagements including a concert with the Australian National Champions now has never been a better time to make the call to Ian Clarke on 07780 920115. Go on you know you want to!
  8. ryansonel

ryansonel New Member

what positions are you looking for. I play euph and could do with a change of scene.
  9. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Just an update to say that our only requirement is now for cornet players following a couple of new additions.
  10. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Cornet players required - Norfolk

The Cawston Band are looking for new conet players (front & back row) to strengthen our cornet benches.

We are a 2nd section band with a good balance of concerts and contests and are of course looking to progress.

Rehearsals are held on Mondays & Wednesdays 8-10pm just north of Norwich in the village of St Faiths.

Cornets are a specific requirement at the moment but we would be delighted to hear from any other interested players.

For more information about the band and its activities please see our website

Interested? Then contact or PM me here.
  11. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

We now have an immediate vacancy for a Principal Cornet and a Soprano Cornet player.

All other players of cornets are still welcome to apply.
  12. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Soprano & Back row now full. Just looking for a Principal Cornet. Contact details as above.
  13. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Cawston Band are looking for the following players to complete their ranks:

1 x 2nd Trombone
    1 x Eb Bass

The band are graded in the 2nd section currently, but following our 2nd place at the Area contest and qualification to Harrogate, the band will be 1st section as of 1st January 2008.

Rehearsing twice weekly 8-10pm on a Monday & Wednesday evening just outside of Norwich.

Please contact Band Chairman, Ian Clarke via email or PM to me here. If you would like more details please call 07917 644994
  14. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Updated - delighted announce we have now covered the Eb Bass position.

However we are still looking for that elusive trombone player.

For your chance to be part of our trip to Harrogate and promotion to the 1st section please do not hesitate to contact me.
  15. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

The trombone vacancy is still open.

In addition to this we require percussionists.

We are looking forward to the Finals in Harrogate and also promotion to the 1st section.

For more details please pm me here or email

ps could a wonderful mod edit title of thread to Cawston Band vacancies? - Thanks
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  16. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Looking forward to 2008 and our 1st year in the 1st section, The Cawston Band are looking to appoint a 2nd Trombone & Percusssionists to complete our line up.

We are entered for Butlins and of course we will be attending the L & SC Regional Contest at Stevenage.

For more details please pm me here or email
  17. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Following the departure of the current seat holder solely due to work commitments, Cawston Band wish to appoint a new solo trombone player.

Graded 1st section nationally the band are looking forward to a CD recording in September and a visit to Butlins in early 2009.

Naturally we are a friendly, foward thinking band and would welcome applications from like minded individuals.

To give you a feel for who we are and what we do, please visit our website

Please pm me here for more details or email
  18. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

First Section Norwich based Cawston Band are seeking the following 2 players:

Experienced Solo Cornet

2010 will see the band compete for a 3rd year in the 1st section at Butlins and the Area contest.

In the first instance please contact:

01603 466572 or email: