Carrbrook Brass, 4th section, Stalybridge

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Carrbrook, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Carrbrook

Carrbrook New Member

New players, learners and conductor wanted

Edit: Current vacancies and contact details towards the end of the thread

Carrbrook Brass are a friendly Fourth Section band who are looking for players of all abilities of any brass instrument.

We also have a junior band and would welcome any learners.

We are currently looking for a new conductor to help improve the band.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2010
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Fourth Section
    Carrbrook Brass
    Stalybridge
    Section band
    New players
  3. patoafc

patoafc New Member

Cornet and horn players required

Carrbrook Brass Band require cornet and horn players to complete their friendly and ambitious band.

We have a professional conductor, Lee Dunkley and are currently preparing for a busy Christmas period and lead up to the areas including Preston contest.

We rehearse on Mondays and Wednesdays in Stalybridge (appox. 10 miles east of Manchester)

Other players always welcome. pm me or e-mail me for further details

4. statto81

statto81 New Member

Carrbrook Brass Band, a friendly and enthusiastic 4th section band based in Stalybridge, are looking for a new MD.

We have a busy concert schedule and a trip to France in early September.

We rehearse on Monday and Wednesday evenings.

For more information please e-mail trev.bb@homecall.co.uk

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines, PB, Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2007
  5. statto81

statto81 New Member

Carrbrook Brass Band require front and back row cornet players to complete their line up.

We rehearse in Stalybridge, Greater Manchester on Monday and Wednesday evenings.

All players are welcome.

For more information please e-mail trev.bb@homecall.co.uk

6. statto81

statto81 New Member

We require:
    • Front row cornets
    • Back row cornets
    • 2nd trombone
    to complete out line up.

We have some exciting concerts coming up.

All players are welcome

If anyone is interested please pm me

7. statto81

statto81 New Member

We are a friendly 4th section band and require the following players to complete our line up:
    • Front row cornets
    • Back row cornets
    • 2nd trombone
    We are also looking for cornet players to help out on Remembrance Sunday, 11th November, in Ashton under Lyne from 9am.

If anyone is interested or would like further information please contact me at statto81@yahoo.com or pm me.

All other players are welcome

8. statto81

statto81 New Member

Carrbrook Brass have the following vacancies:
    • Front row cornets
    • Back row cornets
    • Euphonium
    All other players are welcome.

We also have a training band suitable for players of all ages.

We have various concerts coming up including one at Manchester Cathedral, and a trip to France in September.

For more information please pm me or email me at statto81@yahoo.com

9. statto81

statto81 New Member

MD required

Carrbrook Brass, a 4th section band based in Stalybridge, Greater Manchester, require a new MD to continue the development of the band over the last couple of years.

For further information please either pm me or email me at statto81@yahoo.com

10. statto81

statto81 New Member

Carrbrook Brass have the following vacancies:
    • Front/back row cornet
    • 2nd horn
    • 1st trombone
    • Eb/Bb Bass
    All other players also welcome.

For more information please contact Trevor Jones on 0161 303 0316 or trev.bb@homecall.co.uk

11. statto81

statto81 New Member

Carrbrook Brass, with new MD Jason Smith, are a friendly 4th section band based in Stalybridge.

We are currently looking for the following players:
    • Front/back row cornets
    • 1st/2nd horn
    • Bb bass
    All other players welcome.

We have an exciting year of contests and concerts to look forward to.

For further information please email Trevor Jones on trev.bb@homecall.co.uk

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Fourth Section
    Carrbrook Brass
    Stalybridge
    Section band
    New players
  13. Columbo

Columbo Member

Players required in New Initiative.

After making exceptional progress over the last 3 months and securing the services of some new faces of excellent calibre, Carrbrook are now looking at a new initiative which is to encourage young players to come and join us. We see this as the way forward for 4th section bands now and want to play our part in offering these opportunities. If anyone out there knows of young players (Say 11-16 years old) who are looking to make progress with a forward thinking and ever improving band, then let us know. We are Particularly looking for Kit Percussion, Euph and Bass (Eb or Bb). Cornet players will also be considered. We are also always happy to hear from adult players. Maybe you have packed up and wish to get back into banding. We are an ambitious outfit with a completely new and enthusiastic approach in comparison with recent years. I am happy to hear from Teachers and Bandspeople who may know of some young players who may be interested. Come on guys, thinking caps on!

Edit: threads merged as per tMP Recruitment Guidelines

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
  14. Columbo

Columbo Member

Players Required at Carrbrook

Hi, Carrbrook are still on their recruitment drive and have made great progress. It may seem like a lot required, however we have recruited 10 new players, all of which are thoroughly enjoying playing here. All ages and abilities considered for this ambitious and success hungry band with a completely new attitude. We now require the following to complete our ever improving lineup:

Solo Euphonium
    Eb Bass
    Kit Percussion
    2nd Trombone
    3 cornets (all positions considered).

PM me and I'll give you details of how you can contact me.

15. Columbo

Columbo Member

We have now got our long awaited Euph player. Can I just take this opportunity to thank all my band sincerely for their efforts in making up our new band and hard work during our recruitment drive. Things are looking up for Carrbrook. It will take time, of course but I've not seen a band work this hard for a long, long time! We now only need 3 CORNETS, PERCUSSION and Eb BASS. Cheers Guys!

16. Columbo

Columbo Member

Following our best result for 12 years at the areas, we now only require 3 Cornet players (Positions to suit) and an Eb Bass Player. Anyone looking for a move or anyone knowing of any players who have a had a break and may fancy having a go again, please PM me. Lots planned for this and next year. This is now an exciting band to play for and atmosphere is great currently!

17. Columbo

Columbo Member

Last Vacancies!

Nearly There! 2 SOLO CORNETS and Eb BASS required by this ever improving 4th Section band. Great things lie ahead for us. Lots of plans for improvement. Great atmosphere down here now!

Anyone interested in joining a smiley band with excellent prospects, call or PM me ASAP!

18. Columbo

Columbo Member

Update:
    Due to work commitments Carrbrook Band require 2ND TROMBONE and SOLO BARITONE players. Will consider applicatons for 2nd Euph. We also still require 2 SOLO CORNETS and 1 Eb BASS player. Exciting times ahead here with an ambitious enthusiastic band. Give someone a nudge if you know of anyone who may be interested. PM me on confidence ASAP!

19. Columbo

Columbo Member

We have now Appointed an excellent Solo Euphonium player and have filled the Eb Bass Position and 2nd Trombone positions also. We now await suitable players for the following positions. Check out the website and mail or call me in confidence. Discretion assured.

SOLO BARITONE
    SOLO TROMBONE
    3 CORNETS (POSITIONS TO SUIT)

20. Columbo

Columbo Member

Update:
    Required asap:
    SOLO TROMBONE
    SOLO BARITONE
    2 CORNETS (POSITIONS TO SUIT)
    Applications also welcomed for permanent KIT PERCUSSIONIST.

This is a very promising, enthusiastic and enjoyable band to play for. Apply in confidence (Discretion Assured). PM me or visit the website and mail or call me.
    www.carrbrookbrass.co.uk

21. Columbo

Columbo Member

After Buxton we shall be looking to recruit the following:

SOLO TROMBONE
    SOLO BARITONE
    3 CORNETS (POSITIONS TO SUIT)

Applications also welcomed from percussionists.

We have spent the last 5 months rebuilding and improving this band. We are now playing to a high standard never seen by this band. Rehearsals are very enjoyable and we are an extremely friendly and hard working band.

You ever get those nights you don’t feel like going to band? Try us out instead!
    I always go home smiling at the progress we have made during every rehearsal and someone has always made me laugh, whether it be a joke or their playing!!

Very commited players and Conductor and great times ahead!

Give us a go and you will be made to feel very welcome!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  22. Columbo

Columbo Member

Thanks to all new recruits who have enhanced our band and are now all enjoying being a part of this friendly, improving team of musicians. I know all who have joined us are enjoying it greatly. We are spending the next 6 months prior to the new contesting season improving the band with a view to competing stronger next year. We have almost completed our recruitment drive and now only require the following after the Buxton Contest (3rd May):

We would welcome enquiries from players looking for a rewarding challenge and interested in filling the following positions.

SOLO TROMBONE
    SOLO BARITONE
    2 SOLO CORNETS or 1 SOLO CORNET AND SOPRANO PLAYER

You need to come along and see the progress being made by this ambitious band. Extremely enjoyable rehearsals and great atmosphere. Exciting things happening in the next year. Why not come and see for yourself.

Apply in strictest confidence by PM me or call me on 07547 707 257