CAROLS FOR BRASS

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Hornette28, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Hornette28

Hornette28 New Member

2. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

mmmmm, not impressed, sorry :cry:

Would probably help if it was actually scored for brass, rather than just a piano (or vocal) skeleton score.

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Sorry, but you can't complain for about £1 :D

All the basic's that you'd need, and the score is good for carolling, you don't want to take a huge full brass band score now do you!!

Overall, not as good as the red carol books, but if you can't afford them, then I think they're alright, ya!

4. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Hornette, you are about to go down in history as the person who started a thread where me an James agree on something :)

Except for the fact that the disclaimer says "If you print this score, you may perform it in private. For public performance, recording or broadcast, you must contact the composer or arranger for permission." as well as the fact that you need to buy the individual parts as well

5. HBB

HBB Active Member

:oops:

Well .... it is private if you tell them not to listen :oops: :D

6. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

you might aswell go to your local library (that has music ;)) and take out a book of choir carol scores.
    Agreed the arrangements are really poo.. no offence if the arranger is on here.. but agreed it is only the basics.

7. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

you only need bsics for carols....

and whats the difference between your red book and the Salvo Green book???

8. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

The red ones are an updated version of the green ones, and have more christmas songs in them rather than just the traditional carols. Imho, the green ones are the 'proper' ones though, as I personally prefer those arrangements to the ones in the red books.