Carnival of the Animals for Brass Band?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by johnflugel, Aug 3, 2005.

1. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Does anyone know if there is a full arrangement of the above suite.

I know that individual movements have been arranged for soloists (The Swan, Elephants) and that Gordon Langford did an 'excerpts from' arrangement that Dyke recorded but am interested in obtaining a full band score.

Can anyone help?
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There is a version for brass ensemble by Peter Reeves (recorded by PJBE and recently re-released on the double album "The Lighter Side") but I'm not aware of a full version for band.
  3. brass journo

brass journo Member

one in our library by Gordon Langford I think - or so my library book tells me!!

4. iggmeister

iggmeister Member

I think Rodney Newton may have done a few. I know of a couple of movements he has done but not sure whether they have been published.

5. johnflugel

johnflugel Active Member

Thanks for your help guys - if anyone has any other suggestions they would be appreciated.
  6. Active Member

7. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

That link actually goes to my arrangement of the last three movements from Carnival of the Animals, published by Jagrins. I'm hoping to finish the rest of the suite soon, and have infact already finished several movements in addition to the last three. If anyone wants to know any more, drop me a line.