Carnegie Invitation Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by JTKBrass, Apr 25, 2004.

1. JTKBrass

JTKBrass Member

Results from the Carnegie Invitation Contest, Dunfermline, April 24th

Championship Section

1. Whitburn 195
    2. Kingdom Brass 190
    3. Kirkintilloch 189
    4. Unison Kinneil 188
    5. CWA Carrickfergus 185
  2. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

yey well done whitburn, i hear your 2nd bari played PURE amazin 8) teehee

cyas next weekend hopefully

ps congrats jt, still never seen you today tho doh
  3. JTKBrass

JTKBrass Member

Hey Luce, didn't realise you were there ! Will be there next weekend tho, will try and find you !

Well done Whitburn for the contest result today. Didn't hear the band but seemingly it was superb ! Beat us by 5 points as well !!
  4. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

And well done to Kingdom Brass too - quite a result!

What did everyone play?

5. JTKBrass

JTKBrass Member

Thanks David !

We did Olympic Fanfare, Handels Hornpipe (horn solo), Be A Clown, Elegy from a Downland Suite and then the last movement of Hymn of the Highlands to finish. Not sure what everyone else did.
  6. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

whitburn played entry of the gladiators, i've got you under my skin, um ..peurht na baeul?!?! ( :lol: ) ('mouth music'), elegy from downland suite and peterloo overture :D
  7. GrahamF

GrahamF New Member

Thanks for the messages so far. Our 2nd baritone player played allright I suppose!!

Well done to Kingdom too!

See you all next week

8. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

All I can say about yesterday is OOOOOHHHH my aching head :shock:

Well done to Whitburn, certainly an emphatic victory, and congratulations to Kingdom for a confidence boosting result before Blackpool, hope the Karaoke was good!

I'm off to bed now!
  9. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Good programme!
    Elergy and Peterloo Overture being 2 of my favs :)

10. Razor

Razor Member

Thought Whitburn were outstanding in their programme yesterday. Right round the stands they were on form throughout, some real class playing!

The 'Elegy' from A Downland Suite was included twice in the Champion section but for me the 2nd performance we heard of this from Whitburn was poles apart from the earlier one - just sublime!

I felt Kirkie Kelvin were unlucky not to have been in the frame in the 1st section, thought they played really well.

All in all a good day out!
  11. Psychotic_Musician

Psychotic_Musician New Member

well done Whitburn, I heard you and it was really entertaining, Easignton Got an invite for the 1st section, and we WON!!! We were well shocked, and pleased of course! Oh I feel so happy!
  12. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

You better be saying that in Blackpool in a fortnight, a good training exercise was it??
  13. Bowie

Bowie New Member

Congratulations to Whitburn - Peterloo Overture is a great piece, wish I had been there to hear it!

Anyone got results for the other sections? Thanks!
  14. Moy

Moy Active Member

Is that the complete result for the Carnegie Contest?
    Were there other bands and if so does anyone have a complete list?
  15. BreadOfHeaven

BreadOfHeaven Member

Yeah congrats to Whitburn. They were just awesome yesterday. James Chamberlain was excellent and thoroughly deserved the instrumental prize. An inspiration!

Good day out. Agree with Razor, thought KKB were robbed a wee bit. Another win for Barrhead but not much competition unfortunately. Now to Kilmarnock.....

Flugel Horn
    Barrhead band
  16. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

1st section:
    Easington Colliery

2nd section:

3rd section:

4th section:

all i know :)
  17. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Congrats to Whitburn,missed you as I was in the bar but everyone said it was top notch but still chuffed to get 2cnd.
  18. KennyC

KennyC Member

Thanks for the kind words from those that heard us on Saturday. It was one of our better performances in this type of contest and I was especially pleased for Mike Marzella, making his contest (conducting) debut with the band. First time any of us can remember winning an entertainment prize too!

Does anyone have the full results of all the sections?

Kenny Crookston - Whitburn Band
  19. Frambo

Frambo New Member

Congratulations to Whitburn on Saturdays result. It's easier to lose as reigning champs when it's to what I've been told was a stunning performance. Pleased for Mike especially, we go back a long way, I remember him conducting the combined school bands on Friday evenings in St John's in Fauldhouse when I was in Primary 7. I'm 42 now !!!! No doubt I'll get pelters for that one. :D

Dave, Kinneil.

PS Congratulations to Kingdom as well, JT, a prize on home soil, remarkable !!!!!!! :wink:
  20. KennyC

KennyC Member

Re: Carnegie

Come on Dave, speak your mind!!! :twisted: