Carnegie Contest

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by James McFadyen, Oct 24, 2003.

1. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

Who's going to or playing at the Carnegie Contest on 1st Novemeber in the Carnegie Hall, Dunfermline?
  2. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

Are you sure there's a contest then? My band are playing at Whitburn the same day. There's already been a carnegie contest this year, I played at it with Kinneil :?
  3. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Yeah the Carnegie was on the same day as ther Masters....I know as I came up and got totally hammered. For a change. Top day out, saw loadsa folk I haveny seen for a while, and some I never want to see again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

you'd rather go to dunfermline than the masters?! :shock:
  5. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Just checked this out on IBEW and there is a contest scheduled for this date:

1st November

Fife Charities Band Association Open Contest - March, Hymn Tune & Testpiece - Carnegie Hall, Dunfermline. Details: 01259 751967

6. James McFadyen

We (Tullis Russell Mills Band) are going to be there.

In our section, we're up against Buckhaven and Methil Band, who we'll beat by a long shot! hehe :lol:
  7. aqua76

aqua76 Member

Its the Fife Charities contest. The Carnegie contest is in Spring :)

Its also the one where Kingdom Brass go and clean up cos they are the only Championship section band :lol:

Best of luck to you all!!!!
  8. Moy

Moy Active Member

Yes there are 2 contests on the same day.
    We are going to the Whitburn one....have just found out that it's back in Whitburn Academy........please tell me the loos are not as bad as I remember from years gone by Kenny. :cry:
  9. James McFadyen

we just call all contests that are in the Carnegie Hall, "The Carnegie Contest"
  10. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

Renfrew Burgh Band are going to Whitburn, bit naff having two contests on at the same time, did this not happen ealier on this year if I remember right the West of Scotland competition was cancelled because of lack of entries and the reason being there was another contest on.
  11. KennyC

KennyC Member

We had the whole place done up specially for you Moira. No expense spared. Toilet roll and everything.

12. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

I believe that there was a bit of "moron" politics going on there. Fife committee thinking they could nick Whitburn's date and their bands.......backfired spectacularly though, 15 bands at my old school on Saturday (And the toilets used to be disgusting, I used to walk 10 mins to go to the public loo up the road every day at school)

See you all there, I'm on the cheesy solo.
  13. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

Mark do you know what bands are going to Whitburn? All I know is the co-op and kinneil.

scottish co-op
  14. craigyboy1

craigyboy1 Member

Bo'ness and Carriden will be there.
  15. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

Well as far as I am aware, the top section will probably be

Scottish Co-op

not sure about anybody else in the top but I know Nitten will be in the 1st, and they should push quite strongly. Should be a damn good contest, plenty of beer to flow as well, couldn't really do much drinking at St Kentigerns.
  16. Moy

Moy Active Member

OOOO all excited now....will leave my bog roll at home then :wink:
  17. Moy

Moy Active Member

and somebody said they thought Newtongrange so thats now:

Scottish Co-op
    Granite City Brass( formerly UDI Aberdeen City 1st Section)
    any more to add folks???
  18. KennyC

KennyC Member

Will I spoil the fun and give you the whole list?

19. Moy

Moy Active Member

Oh go on then be a spoil sport...have they announced who the adjudicator is???
  20. KennyC

KennyC Member

OK. In no particular order:-

Granite City
    Irvine & Dreghorn
    Broxburn Public
    Scottish Co-op
    Bo'ness & Carriden
    Kirkintilloch Kelvin

Adjudicator - Andy Duncan