Carnegie Contest - Who's Going

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Bass Man, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Felling Band will be going to the Carnegie Entertainments Contest, Dunfermline, in 4 weeks time. Who else is?

The contest is a 16 minute Entertainments Programme for Sections 1-4 and 'Own Choice' Testpiece for the Championship Section.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Carnegie Contest
    C u
    tomorrow
    weekend
    roadworks
  3. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Mind its called called the "Fife Brass Band Festival" now! ;)

Campbeltown Brass are going as usual, finally picked the programe last night, dont know how it'll do!!

Bass Man, its 15 minute programe for the entertainment section, mind and dont run over time! Poor show in the Championship section tho, only 2 bands entering, Kingdom Brass and Easlington (I think?)

One of my fav contests tho!

4. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Thanks for that, wasn't sure exactly what it was called. I'm sure we won't go over. We've got a very exciting programe.

First time I've been. I hadn't heard of this contest until about a month ago

5. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Bands who are entered as far as I know (listed in kingdom forum) are:

Kingdom Brass (Championship)
    Easlington (Championship)

Shotts (2nd Section)
    Tullis (2nd Section)

Campbeltown Brass (3rd Section)
    Coalburn (3rd Section)

Felling Band (4th Section)
    Trimdon Band (4th Section)

6. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Bit of a mistake there, Felling are a First Section band

7. TUBBYTHEBASS

TUBBYTHEBASS Member

FELLING UP AGAINST TRIMDOM THAT SHOULD BE A GOOD CONTEST,FANCY TRIMDON MY SELF .DONT WANT TO GIVE TO MUCH AWAY BUT ARE YOU PLAYING THE *******

8. Easington are going, this is our fourth year at the contest.

Ellington are also going, I think there are 24 bands going to the contest.

9. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Ooooops sorry, didnt know, dont know why I had it in my head yous were 4th section, shouldve done my homework! Very sorry!! :oops: Hopefully the mods will edit my post!

See ya there!

10. smaca

smaca Active Member

Clackmannan District Band will be there.

11. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

No apology needed. See you there for what promises to be an excellent day

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Carnegie Contest
    C u
    tomorrow
    weekend
    roadworks
  13. Alan Fernie

Alan Fernie Member

I'm conducting Ellington in section one, and McTaggart's will be there in section three - another bit of experience for our young players. It is a good day, and the Carnegie Hall is a fine place to play.

14. MHunt

MHunt New Member

We'll be there from Westoe band, looking forward to this contest, more interesting than the area's!

Matthew

15. eckyboy

eckyboy Member

Kingdom are going, great day out and a cracking hall to play in.

16. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

As Matt says, Westoe will definitely be there. Should be a good contest.

That makes at least 3 1st section bands (Ellington, Felling and Westoe) going from the North East, and Easington in the Champs. On a kind of separate note, if a contest in Scotland can attract this number of North East bands to an entertainments contest in April, would it not be worth resurrecting the Wansbeck along these lines??

17. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Sorry, just to clarify, I meant to insinuate would it not be worth resurrecting the Wansbeck as an entertainments contest as opposed to an own choice test piece contest? Serves me right for posting in the early hours i suppose!

18. The reason the Fife Brass Band Festival attracts so many bands is because it is a very well run contest. Everything is organised by the committee,from percussion on the stage to a warm up room, oh and a bar.
    The hall itself is fantastic to play in. We could learn a thing or two on how to run a successful contest from them. The Wansbeck contest could be a success if the regions bands backed the contest.

19. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Am I the only person here who thinks the Carnegie Hall is an appalling venue. Sure the hall acoustics are great but everything else about the infrastructure falls below the standard now expected by the top bands. I expect that is why there aren't that many entries in the Championship section.

Still, a warm welcome to all of our English based friends. The addition of so many bands from down south makes the whole contest that bit more interesting. Hope you all enjoy your weekend but maybe go home with second prizes, this time. :)

20. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I looooooove the Carnegie!!! I'll be there playing with Trimdon- half 9 start so might not be able to see by tea time!!!

21. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

When your area is held in a sports hall, you'll think the Carnegie Hall is like playing in THE Carnegie Hall!!

22. Here Here Laura.

Sports hall or Carnegie hall ?

Em............ Carnegie hall