Carlton's sad loss

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Baldeagle, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Carlton Brass mourns the Death of Loz Briggs

After coming third at The Midlands area contest Carlton Brass were saddened to learn of the death of a founder member. The trip back home was marred by a phone call informing us of the untimely death of a former member, trombonist Lorraine Briggs. Lorraine was fondly thought of by all members of the band and will be long remembered as one its true characters. Our deepest sympathy goes out to Lorraine’s family and friends.

Lorraine would have enjoyed our after-contest bash back at the Fox & Hounds, where we laughed about some of her old exploits. Lorraine faced many problems in her life but we know she got great enjoyment from her time in the band.

2. Di B

Di B Member

Please pass on all of Matlock Bands condolences to Lorraine's family.

Lorraine helped us out a lot a few years back and was always chatty, friendly and down to earth.

She had a true bandsman's spirit - and did like the odd beer or ten

If nothing else, her hair colour of the month was always a topic of conversation!

Can't believe it....... at least they always say it's the good ones that go early.

3. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

very sad to hear that Ray, please pass on regards from myself and my sister, brother and mum who also knew Loz.

4. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

oh thats very sad, what happened?
    condolences to all her friends and family

5. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Sad news indeed. Lorraine was always very kind and friendly to me during rehearsals when I played with Carlton a few years back when I first started playing. Please pass on my condolences to all her family and friends.

6. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Very sad to learn that Lorraine has passed away. I used to play with Carlton a few years back and remember Lorraine well, she was a fine player and worked very hard for the band.

Please pass on our condolences to her friends and family Ray from us both.

Raspberry & Postie

7. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

I found out today that Lorraine's funeral is on Tuesday 29th, 2pm at Wilford Hill.
    Going from Mapperley Plains social club/St john's headquarters at 1.30pm.Then afterwards it's back up at the St John's.

A small band will be playing, PM me for details if you wish to attend.

Ray Ward